1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice paint-up! :clap Also you've got that Yunsil jacket looking really sharp -- what did you coat it with? I'm digging the sheen.

Cheers Ton Ton. On the yunsil jacket I've done some weathering with acrylic paint, but also used "stiffen qwik" on it to get some wrinkling in there. Subsequently washed some of it off, but there is definitely still a residual affect on the jacket. It's a really great jacket, but agree with most opinion that it's just a little short. Still just about the best jacket available in my eyes(so far!).

Thanks Zed! Mark Simpson did an incredible job with this sculpt :clap

Attachments

• 3505607A-CC86-479B-AF4B-7371C757EC2C.jpeg
    3505607A-CC86-479B-AF4B-7371C757EC2C.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 123
Finished painting my new Inigo sculpt today.....mostly happy with it, though may paint the eyes again when I'm feeling brave enough. God, I hate painting headsculpts! Tricky business and I applaud the pro's.

Knocked up a new base too.

Great looking Indy and base there! I've always wanted to do the same thing, but can never seem to any good plaques like that to work off of.

A lot of great looking figures these past few posts!

Here's a quick pose with my recently purchased Jnix head. Thanks Blazio :yess:

Cw8hO0I.jpg

KI3R4MD.jpg

5sLbt2n.jpg

I'm so jealous of everyone's custom clothing sets.

I had to raise the head because the HT shirt sits way too high. If I didn't raise the head up, it would like like he has no neck!

Also, my HT belt broke in like 3 places so I'm down a gun belt. I'm also thinking about swapping the HT boots out, I'm not a fan of their pristine condition.

I had to raise the head because the HT shirt sits way too high. If I didn't raise the head up, it would like like he has no neck!

Also, my HT belt broke in like 3 places so I'm down a gun belt. I'm also thinking about swapping the HT boots out, I'm not a fan of their pristine condition.

Hey bud! I can make you a replacement gun-belt from real leather. Drop me a PM.

Attachments

• D52ACB83-C356-40D5-9690-32E11F8F860E.jpg
    D52ACB83-C356-40D5-9690-32E11F8F860E.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 96
Great looking Indy and base there! I've always wanted to do the same thing, but can never seem to any good plaques like that to work off of.

Thanks Dave. Here's how I put it together if it's any help.....

The base was 5.99 (coomodel stand) from China on Ebay. Really like these stands.

Then I used this modelling clay :

This clay air-hardens.

Took a ball of it, rolled it out to about a centimetre thickness, then pressed the upturned base into it (to get the correct circular shape), then cut around the clay to make the disc.
I then took a reasonable sized stone which was quite textured and rolled it over the clay surface to get the texture into the clay. Then I pushed some small stones into the clay as required. Then left the clay to harden over 24 hours.

Once hardened, painted it up in dark grey, then dry brushed lighter grey, brown and green. Finally I put some dullcote varnish on top.

Then just detach the pole piece of the stand, put the disc on top, insert pole to hold it in place.....

Hope that's of some use!

Probably get a few stands out of that packet of clay so pretty inexpensive way of getting a diorama stand if you are feeling crafty!
Going to do a few more myself.

Had a bunch of Indy parts and an inigo v2 head going spare, so just put together an inaccurate but Cairo-inspired extra Indy for fun.

Finally put together a German Disguise Indy. It’s just a DX05 sculpt for now, but it’s not so bad with the cap on! Love the quality of the DiD clothing. Just waiting on a rocket launcher now...

Attachments

• DE2B39D4-30C2-4C9F-A1D2-6AF74BFD0C73.jpg
    DE2B39D4-30C2-4C9F-A1D2-6AF74BFD0C73.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 102
Finally put together a German Disguise Indy. It?s just a DX05 sculpt for now, but it?s not so bad with the cap on! Love the quality of the DiD clothing. Just waiting on a rocket launcher now...

Damn dude, that looks sweet. Can you do a parts breakdown? Been thinking of putting one together.

Thanks Dave. Here's how I put it together if it's any help.....

The base was 5.99 (coomodel stand) from China on Ebay. Really like these stands.

Then I used this modelling clay :

This clay air-hardens.

Took a ball of it, rolled it out to about a centimetre thickness, then pressed the upturned base into it (to get the correct circular shape), then cut around the clay to make the disc.
I then took a reasonable sized stone which was quite textured and rolled it over the clay surface to get the texture into the clay. Then I pushed some small stones into the clay as required. Then left the clay to harden over 24 hours.

Once hardened, painted it up in dark grey, then dry brushed lighter grey, brown and green. Finally I put some dullcote varnish on top.

Then just detach the pole piece of the stand, put the disc on top, insert pole to hold it in place.....

Hope that's of some use!

Probably get a few stands out of that packet of clay so pretty inexpensive way of getting a diorama stand if you are feeling crafty!
Going to do a few more myself.

Nice, might have to get some of that clay myself, I have a load of garage kit bases that I want to tart up, certainly save wasting some Milliput. Do you just use it straight out of the packet?

Back