1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting curious about this JXToys body. Is the color similar to the Solo body? And is the neck really soft and rubbery like the TOD body or more solid like the Solo body?

As much as I like the TOD body in terms of its size/shape, the paint doesn't match my Indy sculpt and the paint on the soft rubbery neck gets scraped off easily.

I thought you liked the hairier Solo body, davejames... since that's the one on your new Indy.

Yeah. I'm just sayin, if you don't have one of those then the JX would be another good option for people.

And TonTon, the color is a bit more orange than the Solo body, but not enough that it still doesn't work with that Solo head. The neck is also a bit softer than the Solo body, but still a thicker plastic than what they used on the TOD body.

The body you mention is probably good, but, since I wasn't sure of Ash's budget, I went with one that did the job and was affordable.

I really like how the JX body looks with the Hot Toys outfit and Jnix head sculpt.

The Jnix painted sculpt is on the tan side and blends in very well with the JX body. And it's the rubbery type neck.

Just looked at it on eBay. It isn't bad and it could work well for a TOD Indy. I like the body from Kit as the shoulders allow you to do the signature Ford slouch, which really sells the look, certainly with a Raiders Indy anyway. Also, the arm articulation on that JX01 might not let me do the pose I had him in. I guess it depends what you want your Indy to do.

One thing I did notice was that, in the pics at least, the ankle cups are on backwards, the cut out bit should be at the back. I'm not sure how having them the way they are in the pics would affect forward lean.

Switched the KOTCS head back to the old Deckard body and did some surgery on the biceps and sides of the chest piece to get the arms to hang more naturally. Used Rit dye remover on the HT shirt but those yellowish stains just do not go away, not sure if those are intentional or just glue changing color after a decade.

old-indy03.jpg
old-indy02.jpg
old-indy01.jpg

Maybe once you dye it with a bit of grey the stains won't stand out as much? Or you can rub in some pastel to hide it somewhat.

Figure looks nice otherwise though. I just rewatched the first half of that movie again, and Ford did look pretty great in it. Hard to believe everyone was making the age jokes back then, when he doesn't look that old in the movie at all. Just a lot more gruff. Lol

A 50-50 bleach and hot water bath might help. Plus the color remover afterwards. I've used various tricks over the years with those HT shirts to whiten them up. I have noticed that some of them whiten better than others. It must be a batch thing.

After getting them to a workable shade of white, I then either use the pearl grey (you don't need much) or a taupe dye depending on the look/movie.

Maybe once you dye it with a bit of grey the stains won't stand out as much? Or you can rub in some pastel to hide it somewhat.

About that .... :lol I'll post some pics later, short of it is that it didn't work out so far (on a different HT shirt I had). Came out looking like yankee blue jeans. I think I used to much dye so had to yank it out of the bath really quick, maybe a lot less for a long duration of would have made it more even. Main problem is it didn't seem to affect the thread, so those are basically all white still, might need to get a synthetic dye first and then follow-up with the grey for the whole shirt.

I know the creamy-white is wrong, but I probably will just leave it at this point unless I can get some good results with the one I messed up. Here's my Indy pair for the moment. TOD Indy is still on hold for now as I'm not sure what head to use there. Hope Wor convinces Inigo to put together an epic one.

indy-pair-01.jpg

Here's the shirt after some pearl grey Rit. You can see how the "stained" areas haven't changed much, and how it turned a little bit blue.

ae5b304e847193ddb20683378a6362ca.jpg

I've never had much luck with that HT shirt. Bleach makes it pink. It gobbles up dye too strongly. Its just too much work for an OK shirt that shows it age.

Last edited:
I've never had much luck with that HT shirt. Bleach makes it pink. It gobbles up dye too strongly. Its just too much work for an OK shirt that shows it age.

Yeah for some reason it really did make the material look like jeans.

I remember thinking the Iris set for me was all just about the jacket -- it's so critical to Indy -- but I have to say I'm pretty content with the Iris shirt as well (with the right body/arms), and I'm still interested in the V2 option if it happens.

Yikes TonTon, you're making me not want to go anywhere near Rit dye now. :lol

The directions say to test on a paper towel first and I admittedly forgot that part. Would have realized it was too dye heavy. I'll remove the dye and try again. Eventually this shirt will probably just disintegrate.

Back