1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
086169D2-B734-41A3-AD9D-346D3E100A06.jpg
E494443C-777F-481E-80B6-0025B8642A7F.jpeg
7F48DC8D-F93A-4937-B86C-29E7F6E803E4.jpeg
Painted up this Indy last year. Pretty straight forward Sideshow body and cloths that I also weathered up. He looked really sweaty and dirty in a few scenes, which looked great. I?d love to get a better whip and holster. Are they still around?

Attachments

• AF923500-3607-4203-B169-1727BFEFD8BC.jpeg
    AF923500-3607-4203-B169-1727BFEFD8BC.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 150
Fantastic paintwork, petes!

Thank you. After I saw this thread, I saw there were some additional custom parts to get that look amazing. I?d love a real whip and maybe a better holster and belt. These still around are long gone? Anyone know how where to even look? What name to search for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good holsters and whips are difficult to come by at the moment. Your best shot may be vigilante craftworks on Facebook -- he makes Indy holsters and gun belts and is supposedly working on a whip but hasn't shown pictures of the whip as far as I know.

You'll see a lot of people here with mfisher gear (gun belts, holsters, whips, satchel straps) but he seems to have closed up shop, at least for the time being.

Another option (doesn't make whips) is Gustavo Ponce (Old Traveler Workshop) on Facebook, if you browse his photos you can see his Indy work there (gun belt/holster/satchel strap).

I use the uncoiled TOD Sideshow whip for one of my figs. Had to coil it up and shape it like this with a hair dryer/heat gun and then run under cold water while still hot to keep the shape. It occasionally needs to be reheated and chilled as it can lose shape as temperatures change but I still prefer it to the precoiled version.

1ce67ead113b0b15b6603d8c26e5d518.jpg

I love that Indy Pete’s! The paintwork is awesome. I love how fried by the sun he looks. I always wanted to capture that.

If one thing is true, you can never have enough of Indy. Keep 'em coming. I've got at least one or two or three in the works.

A couple other high-quality and high-priced parts you can find on eBay from Full Metal Customs (gun belt and web belt with metal functional buckle). The gunbelt is pretty thin so I would worry about it holding up under the weight of a whip and holster over time though.

I love that Indy Pete?s! The paintwork is awesome. I love how fried by the sun he looks. I always wanted to capture that.

Yea. He looked really sun burned in a few shots. As well as real dirty and sweaty.
I like to paint it how I see it, which of course meant painting the whole body and hands. Annoying as I don?t always remember my paint mix when I did the head (each is custom mixed). I usually spend a few days on it. But close enough.

Good holsters and whips are difficult to come by at the moment. Your best shot may be vigilante craftworks on Facebook -- he makes Indy holsters and gun belts and is supposedly working on a whip but hasn't shown pictures of the whip as far as I know.

You'll see a lot of people here with mfisher gear (gun belts, holsters, whips, satchel straps) but he seems to have closed up shop, at least for the time being.

Another option (doesn't make whips) is Gustavo Ponce (Old Traveler Workshop) on Facebook, if you browse his photos you can see his Indy work there (gun belt/holster/satchel strap).

I use the uncoiled TOD Sideshow whip for one of my figs. Had to coil it up and shape it like this with a hair dryer/heat gun and then run under cold water while still hot to keep the shape. It occasionally needs to be reheated and chilled as it can lose shape as temperatures change but I still prefer it to the precoiled version.

1ce67ead113b0b15b6603d8c26e5d518.jpg

I actually played around with that idea. It didn?t look right to me, though I didn?t treat it like you did. Yours looks really nice.
At this point I?ll prob just keep an eye out for a leather on.

View attachment 510631

Painted up this Indy last year. Pretty straight forward Sideshow body and cloths that I also weathered up. He looked really sweaty and dirty in a few scenes, which looked great. I?d love to get a better whip and holster. Are they still around?

Spectacular Indy, petes! Attention to everything is really what makes for a stand-out Indy.

That's also one of the best paint-ups of the Iniigo smiling head I have seen yet.

I love how you captured the look and feel and coloring for each movie. Very cool displays.

I'm also relieved you didn't go so far as Crystal Skull. :lol

:lol

I know, right. I doubled down on that by making an Indy cabinet that has 4 shelves and made figures for 3 movies :lol

Indy Cabinet Light.jpg

(to be fair though, I don't hate KoTCS, it's just not really up to the quality of the 1st 3 imho, it was "ok")

Decided I?ve only got room for one Indy in my collection so have my custom up for sale.

Also splitting up if I get buyers for all. It?s buffy, Kato and Jaggz jacket (not yet in hand).

Thanks and sorry for the bump.

Last edited:
Picked up one of those Grail diaries off eBay, think they're on Etsy too. Pretty impressed, leagues better than that little turd of a book Hot Toys included.

DSC_0205.jpg
DSC_0206.jpg

Decided I?ve only got room for one Indy in my collection so have my custom up for sale.

Also splitting up if I get buyers for all. It?s buffy, Kato and Jaggz jacket (not yet in hand).

Thanks and sorry for the bump.
Say it ain't so! Can't wait to see your next Indy.

Back