1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the rooted 2-pack on order with Kit, and am a bit nervous to finally receive it in one of the upcoming batches. Lots of pictures in this thread just do not have enough green in the hair, especially compared with the proto. If I am disappointed with the hair color, it would be foolish to try and add more green myself, right?View attachment 636669
A lot of the green in his hair is paint anyway- it ran down the face when I wet the head to restyle the hair on mine- so adding more would be fine.

IMG_20230428_161710542.jpg
IMG_20230428_161715947.jpg
IMG_20230428_161730423.jpg
IMG_20230428_164712360.jpg
IMG_20230428_163833967.jpg
IMG_20230428_163908565.jpg
IMG_20230428_163919280.jpg
IMG_20230428_164712360.jpg

My sculpted Joker came in from Toys Wonderland. Took 14 days for them to have DHL pick up then 2 days later delivered for anyone curious. Not the best poses, but I'm pretty happy with mine. Magnets are pretty damn strong, even held him upside down. I may go with another base though. Only flaws that I've seen so far is that the eyes aren't aligned properly and the pointer finger is more curved than usual.

Overall very impressed with Inart, especially love the ease of the magnet wrists and forearms. My next figure I got plans for is their Batfleck.

Attachments

• IMG_20230428_162426424.jpg
    IMG_20230428_162426424.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 0
A lot of the green in his hair is paint anyway- it ran down the face when I wet the head to restyle the hair on mine- so adding more would be fine.
I wonder if it’s just bad hair dye like the old days that would run under certain conditions.

I didn’t have this problem when wetting and restyling mine

I wonder if it’s just bad hair dye like the old days that would run under certain conditions.

I didn’t have this problem when wetting and restyling mine
I went pretty heavy with the water to un-clump and flatten down the back and sides as much as I could. That’s mainly where the runny green was.

Dye makes more sense than paint but I don’t think anyone should fear adding tonal touch ups with paint if they aren’t satisfied with their specific blend of colours.

Last edited:
I went pretty heavy with the water to in-clump and flatten down the back and side as much as I could. That’s mainly where the runny green was.

Dye makes more sense than paint but I don’t think anyone should fear adding tonal touch ups with paint if they aren’t satisfied with their specific blend of colours.
As did I. The hair was pretty soaked by the time I was done and didn’t have any running issue.

Regardless, I agree that there isn’t anything wrong with adding paint touch ups to get a better color. It’s something I was already planning on doing myself, just haven’t gotten around to it. I mentioned it way back when I first posted my tutorial on how to do the hair. Going to use Angelus paint though so that it will stay flexible rather than potentially getting stiff and crusty with standard acrylics. Plus you can mix in their additive called “Soft” to definitely make sure it doesn’t clump up which I may do. I’ll do it once I decide if I want to trim the hair or not on the Jail headsculpt.

As did I. The hair was pretty soaked by the time I was done and didn’t have any running issue.

Regardless, I agree that there isn’t anything wrong with adding paint touch ups to get a better color. It’s something I was already planning on doing myself, just haven’t gotten around to it. I mentioned it way back when I first posted my tutorial on how to do the hair. Going to use Angelus paint though so that it will stay flexible rather than potentially getting stiff and crusty with standard acrylics. Plus you can mix in their additive called “Soft” to definitely make sure it doesn’t clump up which I may do. I’ll do it once I decide if I want to trim the hair or not on the Jail headsculpt.
That sounds great, I'm looking forward to seeing that. :)

Back