1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically $1000 I think.
tenor.gif

:thud: :thud: :thud:

Man, seeing that pic, I really hope Queen gives us a better Batman Begins option eventually with either multiple eyeplates, a PERS type system or multiple cowls with eyes in different positions like Enterbay did, along with the obvious better cowl sculpt and mouthplates.

Even though I am worn out from the trilogy, I would love Queen Studios to FINALLY make Ra's al Ghul in that black suit.
4671229-4388504-4291515-ra's_al_ghul_perfil.png

So many customs, the closest HT ever got was his head stuck in a base.

The more I look at the sculpted hair sculpt the more I like it. I really wish they just made a set with both hair and sculpted with a single body.

So what is the angle here. Why did they go this route?

Loving what QS is doing here! Great first figure to start with, and very promising for their next offerings.

As amazing as these rooted sculpts look, I'm priced out of that set unfortunately. I still really like the sculpted hair as well though, and won't be able to pass that up.
And while the sculpts look great, it's really the body and clothing upgrade I'm looking forward to the most. I have the DX11 with a custom (non-rooted) sculpt, and it's really showing it's age with the puffy overcoat. Plus, I've always hated the way HT did the ankle articulation, using a hand-peg design instead of the usual double ball joint. For some reason, I find it incredibly hard to pose, and he's more prone to toppling over.

I still have a couple of CregCustoms bald joker heads I've been meaning to paint, and eventually hair at least one, so maybe this will finally give me the push to attempt it. But the clothing was something I couldn't change on my DX, and the custom runs were always way too expensive for me.

Looks like I have some selling to do in the near future. :lol Luckily the DX11 came with so many extra goodies, that selling him should pretty much pay for this one.

These are some of my favorite shots of the sculpted version. If they can keep this body silhouette in production, he'll be a homerun for me!

Joker2.jpg

Joker5.jpg

Joker3.jpg

Joker4.jpg

Joker1.jpg

Joker6.jpg

Sculpted hair is definitely impressive, no doubt about it. Has the added benefit of no real maintenance either, whereas the rooted you’ll probably have to futz out for the box and be extra careful while articulating it so you don’t pull out any of the hairs. There’s also more security in knowing you don’t really have to worry about them messing up the hair in production as much as you would with the rooted option. Saying all that almost convinces me to go with the sculpted version actually :lol you really can’t go wrong, no matter which you choose I think. I just feel like I’d be kicking myself for not getting a fully rooted Ledger Joker when I had the chance.

How mantains rooted hair during the years? it keeps the same? I think i'll go for sculpted hair but i don't want to do wrong.

Plastic hair just doesn't do it for me anymore. Just want something that pushes the 1/6th market.

It's also way too green, don't know why it's so green when they got the haired version's color right.

Yeah if I could, I'd go with the real hair as well. The added realism is tremendous. I just can't do it financially at the moment with a new-born, paying over $1000 for one collectible is something I cannot justify (even if I could sell off the second one in the future, the initial investment is too high).
Just the fact that more companies are offering the option now bodes very well for the 1:6 market though. I love my Asmus Gandalf, the real hair makes such a difference. I'm glad I mostly collection helmeted or non-human characters though, otherwise I'd feel I'm missing out every time I don't go for the rooted version. :lol

Plastic hair just doesn't do it for me anymore. Just want something that pushes the 1/6th market.

It's also way too green, don't know why it's so green when they got the haired version's color right.
I'm agree with you, in fact i want to go for the deluxe two pack but being from Spain I'm worry about where buy it and how much it would cost me the figure+ shipping + customs...

If just QS releases single rootated hair... it would be perfect.

This thread is very active! Hope hot toys is watching crying. Buy these limited edition quality figures or hot toys figures that will be made in the tens of thousands then reissued when the prices go up in the after market? Hmmm.

Man, seeing that pic, I really hope Queen gives us a better Batman Begins option eventually with either multiple eyeplates, a PERS type system or multiple cowls with eyes in different positions like Enterbay did, along with the obvious better cowl sculpt and mouthplates.

This is HTs third time around with this figure and they're STILL using the same cowl that people complained about all the way back to the first one. Unbelievable. Thats just a I dont give AF attitude and trying milk this design AGAIN.This new one is identical to the previous Begins but with a different Wayne sculpt, which is...fine, I guess. But hell, I bet if they dropped that Wayne sculpt and the applicable accessories and just gave us a bare bones but killer Begins figure with a great cowl people would be way more excited. And a better cape. Idk if HT has gotten better at this lately but all the Nolan Batman capes were trash. Let's at least hope that this one doesn't have a fadded looking, sticky rubber feeling, matte suit with ankles that break as soon as you take it out of the box like the precious one. I remember they handled that poorly as well.

The proto looks amazing! I'm not sure if I'm going with the rooted hair 2 pack or the sculpted hair 2 pack. :unsure:

The rooted hair is a risky $1000 gamble, but if they do nail it, I would have instant regret for not ordering it when I had the chance.

Back