1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proto looks amazing! I'm not sure if I'm going with the rooted hair 2 pack or the sculpted hair 2 pack. :unsure:

The rooted hair is a risky $1000 gamble, but if they do nail it, I would have instant regret for not ordering it when I had the chance.
That’s where I’m at. I’m getting the two pack, but not sure which hair style I’m going with.

It would be interesting to know if with LOTR figures we'll be having sculpted option too.

Yeah if I could, I'd go with the real hair as well. The added realism is tremendous. I just can't do it financially at the moment with a new-born, paying over $1000 for one collectible is something I cannot justify (even if I could sell off the second one in the future, the initial investment is too high).
Just the fact that more companies are offering the option now bodes very well for the 1:6 market though. I love my Asmus Gandalf, the real hair makes such a difference. I'm glad I mostly collection helmeted or non-human characters though, otherwise I'd feel I'm missing out every time I don't go for the rooted version. :lol

Gandalf is Queen's next figure and there's just no way I could go with sculpted hair on Gandalf, so for me sculpted will have to do for Joker as there's no way I'm paying this much twice in two months. It's definitely copium by I do quite like the look of the sculpted hair on Joker.

Sculpted on gandalf looks absolutely terrible, never liked any of the sculpted incarnations from 1/6 all the way to 1/2. Asmus's Crown version is pretty good, if only the eyes weren't so deep set.

That’s where I’m at. I’m getting the two pack, but not sure which hair style I’m going with.

I still can't grasp why they decided to split these sets up like this with two sets of two full figures and then having to choose. It just seems more reasonable to have one set with both heads and your choice to have them rooted or sculpted. The rooted can be the "artist edition" or whatever.

Does anyone have any speculations on why they decided to go this specific route other than just saying "money"? There's other practical and business reasons. I can't think of any.

Last edited:
Damn, Queen Studios do really start strong. This to me looks like the best 1:6 set ever made. This is a HUGE competitor in 1:6 and if Hot Toys does nothing, Queen Studios will be #1. I can not wait for the LOTR figures, I will be buying every single one.

It’s a strange decision though since space is limited in China/HK, so how many collectors over there really have the space for two??

They’ve responded to a few comments asking for a single rooted hair version though, so maybe it’ll happen.
They've only given their cookie-cutter response. If you guys want to even have a chance at getting a single rooted-hair figure release, I'd advise to flood their "INART 1/6 TDK JOKER FIGURE OFFICIAL REVEAL" post on their Facebook page with your polite requests. I already did my part. Probably a long shot, but no harm in trying.

You just know HT is gonna HT and try to stop the resellers shipping outside of China, rather than, you know...try to do better.
Thats sideshow who does it. But they dont have an authority here. All they can do is sit and cry.

They know they can fill their quota with making the rooted only in the full $1000 version, so maybe it's better for their profit margins.

They know they can fill their quota with making the rooted only in the full $1000 version, so maybe it's better for their profit margins.
It probably is, otherwise they wouldn't be going this route, but still it's worth trying.

Hammer their Facebook, I say.

It’s amazing to think that just a few years ago custom Joker figures this good we’re selling for $2,000 to $3,000 each. I’m going to roll the dice on the deluxe. I’ll sell off my HT Jokers both to offset some of the costs and because I don’t need four or five HL Joker figures. I’m sure Hot Toys will try to step on QS’s air hose and announce something soon. If JND were planning to do their own 1/6 HL Joker they’re too slow on the draw. Maybe they’ll do a Joaquin Phoenix Joker instead. I briefly had the TE version, which I sold a couple of months later to wait for something better.

They've only given their cookie-cutter response. If you guys want to even have a chance at getting a single rooted-hair figure release, I'd advise to flood their "INART 1/6 TDK JOKER FIGURE OFFICIAL REVEAL" post on their Facebook page with your polite requests. I already did my part. Probably a long shot, but no harm in trying.
Count with me!

Really tempted to go with the deluxe with rooted hair. Like others have said, you would have an ultimate version of the character in your hands and with it being limited, finding one in the aftermarket will be a nightmare. Still have a couple of days to think about it.

You just know HT is gonna HT and try to stop the resellers shipping outside of China, rather than, you know...try to do better.

Of all the ways to get the upper hand on QS, I’m positive HC explored every avenue BUT improvement. Probably made a few calls to some factories telling them not to pick up QS’ order. Probably made a few furious calls to WB/DC saying what they did is wrong and a breach of contract. Hell maybe he even sent a few passive aggressive threatening emails to QS. And when he’s exhausted all options, then he’s like “ok...let’s improve our products.”

Not gonna lie, theres a petty enjoyment taking cheap shots at HC. I’m aware, it’a pointless as he wipes away his tears with a handful of cash, seated on his throne made from iron man boxes.

But it’s still fun XD

So as the day goes by, I went from “ I must have the rooted hair” to “ I can live without it.”
Now I’m at “Do I go for the two pack or just get the singular?” I don’t have space for two jokers. But that extra headsculpt is nice.

I was confused when they said china. will we be able to preorder this through spec fiction? or a shop like this?

Back