1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7ec5e981268b23813099fc070205641e.gif

joker collectors are a weird bunch, worse than indy or han collectors i'd say. they're the most nit-picky for accuracy

joker-batman.gif

off topic, considered looking at kayak zhang's arnie sculpt for T2? i think he did an amazing job if you're looking for custom options.

What’s really crazy is that with every iteration we say “nobody could do better than this.” I remember when the Hot Toys bank robber came out, nobody could believe what we were seeing, and then the Dx01 completely changed the game. And then the dx11 and the joker 2.0. No character has had a such a grip and for so long on the 1:6 community like Heath’s joker

Having looked at the customs and InArt’s, the InArt’s are more than good enough for me. The Hot Toys were always lacklustre to me and never gave a single one of them a chance; and the biggest disappointment was the recent 1/4 scale Ledger.

As an Australian I’ve wanted a good Ledger figure, and always just went with statue versions instead. I have Sideshow’s 1/4 scale, Queen’s 1/3 scale and Prime 1’s 1/3 bust. But even with those I’ve felt I was settling.

I skipped Prime 1’s 1/2 scale (hated the expression), JND’s 1/3 scale (just didn’t like the paint app at all) and Infinity’s life size silicone bust just didn’t measure up to it’s asking price imo. And honestly I skipped on Queen’s 1/4 scale just because I had bought their 1/3 scale not long prior to that one being shown.

Here is my old monkey robot master 1:4 very early example of a mo-hair head sculpt…very unrefined hair attempt but the likeness is pretty good!

Attachments

• 7C3B6DA9-F19F-4D08-A5D6-DFFC38C3890D.jpeg
    7C3B6DA9-F19F-4D08-A5D6-DFFC38C3890D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • C3DA8E29-5125-4FA9-BEDF-4E6E86FCB26A.jpeg
    C3DA8E29-5125-4FA9-BEDF-4E6E86FCB26A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Struggling to comprehend anyone paying 10k for that Adam Gu sculpt. Wow.

The only one of those customs considerably better than InArts is the one directly below Adam's. Obviously just my opinion, I know many will disagree.

Agree it's the eyes slightly throwing off InArt's sculpts but they are still going to look spectacular in our collections. Around $400 a figure(allowing for the cost of the diorama, accessories and shipping) feels like very good value for the level of quality we are getting.

I saw the film 30 times in IMAX between the original release and the re-release, and I couldn’t tell you the amount of times I’ve watched it in home so spare me the “watch the film.” It’s called movie magic, the same reason Tom Hardy looks huge when he is actually quite short in real life, and the same reason they can make Tom Cruise the same height as Nicole Kidman.

This is not a guy anyone would call a large man. He was tall, but he had a slender surfer type body.
View attachment 616442

Mate, you could watch it a million times and be Heath Ledger's Dad, his shoulder to waist ratio in life and in the film are nowhere near as tapered or triangular as the Inart figure, even the picture you posted shows that. He has stature and is in shape for his size, definitely no thin waist broad shoulders.

But anyway, if you like that on the figure that's good.

I'm just waiting for the day for when a piece is created, and a movie still or promotional shot is mistakenly included, and for someone to point out all the inaccuracies.

I'm just waiting for the day for when a piece is created, and a movie still or promotional shot is mistakenly included, and for someone to point out all the inaccuracies.
That happens because even in the movies there are inconsistencies between takes and photoshoots and stuff

I've got the (Dean) Creg sculpt, but never had the guts to ask a painter to take it on. So many of them moan, "Not another damn Joker". It's sat in a dark cabinet for the last 6 years. :lol

Queen Studios have always done this with statues. I know there’s more reasonable takes in here but my goodness. So many in this community are acting insulted that InArt would dare release a product in batches. That it now invalidates their entire operation. A little research would go a long way for these individuals.

I also must say…treating Hot Toys as a king to be worshipped is incredibly strange when they consistently delay for far longer than 3 months…

WAKE UP!

I must admit I read that in NP's voice :lol

Back