1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made the right choice with rubber. In terms of texture, I can see how people might think the same suit texture could be accomplished on fabric, but, when you get to the parts like the grooves and rivets, that's when the whole thing starts to fall apart. There is no way you can do details like that on fabric without it looking cheap as hell. For one thing, you can't sculpt details into fabric, and, as various customs have shown us, when you try to add those details on externally, be it by piping or what have you, again, t'is going to look cheap as hell.:lol

Plus, I have yet to see a fabric outfit from HT that was so tightly fitted that you could get that kind of rigid muscle definition out of it. I don't care for rubber when it isn't needed, but this was one instance where I definitely understand the need, and have always expected it.

They made the right choice with rubber. In terms of texture, I can see how people might think the same suit texture could be accomplished on fabric, but, when you get to the parts like the grooves and rivets, that's when the whole thing starts to fall apart. There is no way you can do details like that on fabric without it looking cheap as hell. For one thing, you can't sculpt details into fabric, and, as various customs have shown us, when you try to add those details on externally, be it by piping or what have you, again, t'is going to look cheap as hell.:lol

Plus, I have yet to see a fabric outfit from HT that was so tightly fitted that you could get that kind of rigid muscle definition out of it. I don't care for rubber when it isn't needed, but this was one instance where I definitely understand the need, and have always expected it.

They could have printed the detail on with raised inks. Actual texture, they can put sculpted detailing onto fabric now, have you held any of the Spider-Man figures or Man of Steel? I think they could have done it amazingly TBH. One area that HT have really leaped forward in are these fabric, plastic/rubber imprinted suits. They look amazing as well IMO. Both Spider-Man, MOS and a couple of others have had detailing deeper and more defined than rivets?
The chest definition is almost there on MOS compared to this, but they could always have bonded the fabric to a sculpted chest piece inside.
Basically all I'm saying is that they didn't need to use rubber on this one. They even stopped doing one piece rubber on their Nolan bat figures. It's such a pity a ****ing cool figure like this has potential rubber concerns and articulation limitation.

By the way check out the Thor and Gamorra threads if you think HT don't have current rubber issues. :(

Last edited:
Oh man. I've seen the instruction sheet! Now I definitely definitely have to get this! There's nothing like a hot toys instruction sheet! I love opening new figures!!

Agreed on the textured fabric HT's produced lately, particularly the TASM2 suit. The texture on it is much resilient and durable compared to MOS and TASM1: doesn't stick and/or peel. I hope that would also be the case on BvS Superman and non-armored Batman figures.

Oh man. I've seen the instruction sheet! Now I definitely definitely have to get this! There's nothing like a hot toys instruction sheet! I love opening new figures!!

:lol

I haven't had a new hot toys for one or two years....

So you can do this. Because it's an action figure, not a statue.

attachment.php

The Keaton batmen figures have the head and neck in one piece and it looks a lot better. Making the head separate was unesessary change. Sometimes I don't know what Hot Toys is thinking.

The Keaton batmen figures have the head and neck in one piece and it looks a lot better. Making the head separate was unesessary change. Sometimes I don't know what Hot Toys is thinking.

That's because Keaton didn't really move his head whenever he's wearing his cowl, because he couldn't -- thus HT knew that there's no need to give DX09 and BR head-neck articulation. What is unnecessary to you could be a necessity to most collectors who understand that they're buying an articulated figure, which COULD have visible joints here and there -- one thing you seem to not understand about articulated figures thus you can never get what HT's (and perhaps other 1/6 companies') thinking when designing their figures.

They should have used a fabric suit. Have you seen the Marvel Vision reveal?
It shows perfectly that they could have done this in the same way. Printed fabric.
Agreed. I think they could have done it different. Printed fabric on a modified large muscle body, and it would've looked great. Maybe not 100% game accurate but still I'd choose that over an all rubber suit. For the time being I'm passing on it and waiting for Dawn of Justice Batman... I expect they'll make him like MOS and Vision.

Congrats, SV! I think the belt is positioned perfectly on your Batman. How does the suit feel when touched? No tacky feel, I hope.

It feels exactly how i though it would. Same as Hulk, who i've had zero issue with since owning him. The cap is also great too really light material so it drapes well, there is a lot of fabric though so cape futzing is needed for museum pose

It feels exactly how i though it would. Same as Hulk, who i've had zero issue with since owning him. The cap is also great too really light material so it drapes well, there is a lot of fabric though so cape futzing is needed for museum pose

Sounds great, thanks for the feedback. I hope it would be as durable as DX09's suit!

Back