1/6 Hot Toys - TMS120 - Ahsoka series: Captain Enoch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should be called Captain Eunuch as he did FA and was totally impotant.
don't disagree on him so far having done very little and being unimportant (similar to other characters that looked cool but were underutilized like Boba Fett and Captain Phasma) but since there is likely a season 2 coming along with a movie as well as opportunities to pop up in other spin offs I think it is a bit early to call him pointless. More like he has not yet done much of importance.

I am a simple man, I buy figures I think look cool no matter the source material or whether I like said source material or character. I liked Captain Phasma's design so own the figure despite hating the movies and the thinking the character was pointless beyond merchandising. On that level I like this announcement. On the other hand, I do get the bitterness that this figure (what, the 7th or 8th from Ahsoka?) has been announced and yet nothing from Andor or more ROTJ characters or heck, some actual 2003 Clone Wars for example has been put up for order.

I would love it if HT could put up some stuff for those under-served shows/movies but right now Ahsoka is the flavour of the month and the line had no troopers announced until this dude and the night trooper so I am willing to not get wound up over it. Given the writers strike there will soon be a dry spell for new content to make figures from so HT may once again turn to older stuff for figure ideas. We may yet see something really cool.

Well,the face plate looks stupid,in my humble opinion. Anything else with his armor ,I find pretty good. But I got zero interest in the show,and like I said,the golden face plate ,I find it to be silly.

looked like a literal devil with horns and red tattoos plus more ninja like outfit. A huge departure from the previously established Star Wars design easthetic
1b-pennymccarthy.jpg

Don’t forget, they’re also soon going to announce this guy as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
I must admit that, when I saw the trooper designs in the Ahsoka show, my impression was "wtf"...
Particularly Captain Enoch. A tropper helmet with a human face.
And what are those gold stains and red ribbons?

Are those designs based on the Star Wars Rebels show?

It’s a rip-off of Tigris of Gaul.

It's inspired by the faceplate from a Roman cavalry helmet...

9568024653_5f13824085_b.jpg

...with the Stormtrooper mandibles as the cheek guards of the original helmet:

RomanHelmet.jpg

I must admit that, when I saw the trooper designs in the Ahsoka show, my impression was "wtf"...
Particularly Captain Enoch. A tropper helmet with a human face.
And what are those gold stains and red ribbons?

Are those designs based on the Star Wars Rebels show?

The gold is another of the Japanese influences in the series.

Kintsugi (literally, gold seams) is a traditional repair method that takes the broken or chipped parts of cherished vessels, glues them back together with a Japanese lacquer, and paints the seams with gold or silver powder.

https://www.gov-online.go.jp/eng/pu...ally, gold seams),with gold or silver powder.

Back