1/6 Hot Toys -TMS117 - Ahsoka series: Marrok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT’s description of him is apparently for those collectors who don’t actually watch the shows:

"Once an Inquisitor hunting Jedi for the Empire, the mysterious Marrok now works as a mercenary hired by Morgan Elsbeth to carry out dark deeds. Fully encased in battered battle armor, the warrior still carries a red double-bladed saber with a circular hilt."

Now if he actually was that former Inquisitor turned mercenary in the show instead of being (we can only assume) the undead version of that guy reanimated by Morgan's Nightsister magic, that could have made for a compelling character - he might have even been given a line or two of dialogue lol. But alas in the end he was just a Dollar Store Snake Eyes whose entire backstory took place in the show notes.

Pass.
He did have one line :lol.

I thought he was cool, not much different from Boba Fett - shows up, looks cool, does barely anything, "dies".

I like the design so I'll pick this up.

HT’s description of him is apparently for those collectors who don’t actually watch the shows:

"Once an Inquisitor hunting Jedi for the Empire, the mysterious Marrok now works as a mercenary hired by Morgan Elsbeth to carry out dark deeds. Fully encased in battered battle armor, the warrior still carries a red double-bladed saber with a circular hilt."

Now if he actually was that former Inquisitor turned mercenary in the show instead of being (we can only assume) the undead version of that guy reanimated by Morgan's Nightsister magic, that could have made for a compelling character - he might have even been given a line or two of dialogue lol. But alas in the end he was just a Dollar Store Snake Eyes whose entire backstory took place in the show notes.

Pass.

That reads like someone just trying to hit a minimum word count.

How it’d be written if they were honest:

“Once an Imperial Inquisitor, Marrok now goes where more interesting people point to without saying anything to further his personality or backstory. But he’s got a cool lightsaber and badass armor so you should totally buy him. We know that’s all you care about.”

He did have one line :lol.

I thought he was cool, not much different from Boba Fett - shows up, looks cool, does barely anything, "dies".

I like the design so I'll pick this up.

Oh that's right - I forgot about his "as you wish" response to Shin when he was piloting one of the fighters. So I guess Morgan gave him the ability to respond to commands. That makes all the difference - I'm in! :rotfl

I haven't even finished watching the show after the 2 episode premiere which made me lose pretty much all interest in continuing for the most part.

But since he didn't have some crazy Inquisitor design, and looked like a simple Inquisitor combatant I said, "I wouldn't mind getting him as an Inquisitor, something to display alongside Grand Inquisitor for when I get him. Would look good next to a Vader as well." I've already seen his fate lol, talk about a waste.......

I enjoyed Marrok more than Enoch. Enoch did **** all and everyone lost their **** for him. He was about as dynamic as Rey handing a lightsaber to Luke. At least Marrok was in 2 cool fight scenes. They should've added a battle damaged armor plate and some green smoke effects. ( and I'd really love an Assassin Droid to go with him)

The fact that they're making him tells me they are going all in on this line. I thought if they were going to skip any characters, it would be Hera Syndulla and Marrok. Because she wasn't involved in any combat and he got killed off.

When HT is more conservative, they go straight for the main characters and get out. Moon Knight, done. Wakanda Forever, Shurri, done. Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, done. But when they do these side characters, when they delay showing the main characters and draw it out, they are in.

I think the Night Sisters would make beautiful figures. I could see HT doing them similar to the Praetorian Guards as a 3 in 1. Give us 3 heads and one body. I know they each had slightly different outfits but HT could just add some fabric patterns to put over the body to get each look. And just include the 3 orbs they were holding

They could take this same approach for the zombie Night Troopers. 1 figure with some interchangeable armor parts, an extra helmet and maybe some strips of cloth so we can customize them ourselves.

The only figures Im not sure will get made are Morgan, Ezra and Huyang. Morgan's costume is kind of simple and doesn't really lend itself to a figure but the sword would look cool if it lit up.

Ezra didn't get a lot of screen time and didn't affect the story too much. Plus his costume seems a little more complex with the chainmail, so HT might not bother. I know he's part of the Rebels team, but we're not getting the whole team anyway because of Zeb and Kanan.

Huyang is a figure I really want but he would require a new body from the ground up. And they probably wouldn't be able to reuse the mold for anything else, like K2SO getting a repaint.
You make a lot of great points. Id honestly like to get Morgan but if they did her, I'd have to wonder how unlikely it is they'd include a regular head sculpt and her "witchy" head sculpt. I think we'll get Ezra for some reason. Huyang....man, I really REALLY want Huyang. They could really do him justice with accessories. Lightsaber parts, all his "arms", maybe a crafting table (yeah right, but I can dream). There's a lot of accessory possibilities for him. I really hope they decided to do him.

As for Marrok, I'm torn. I'll probably buy him. I do like his look. Maybe we'll find out more about him in a comic or book or something which I'd like. He had potential. I'll probably grab him just for an Inquisitor type display or something.

it’s a cool character design but always struck me as TOO medieval for a Star Wars design (especially the helmet). Perhaps an antenna or breathing tubes or something else (?) would have helped ground him in that universe better.

Plus the actual character did so little and was dispatched so easily it’s hard to get exited about him.

it’s a cool character design but always struck me as TOO medieval for a Star Wars design (especially the helmet). Perhaps an antenna or breathing tubes or something else (?) would have helped ground him in that universe better.

Plus the actual character did so little and was dispatched so easily it’s hard to get exited about him.
Baylan and Shin have the same medieval theme in their designs so I think Marrok works just fine. He is a companion piece to those two characters. I have a good feeling HT will make the rest of the main cast since they started with companion characters in this line, it’s always a good sign.

Baylan and Shin have the same medieval theme in their designs so I think Marrok works just fine. He is a companion piece to those two characters. I have a good feeling HT will make the rest of the main cast since they started with companion characters in this line, it’s always a good sign.
I agree. At this point, im 100% convinced we'll get Baylan and Shin. $265 I thought was kinda high, but it does come with two LED lightsabers apparently. One full circle and one half circle. Although that's the new norm price as it is. I'm grabbing him. I'm shamefully all-in on the Ahsoka figures 😂

Hera is TMS113 and Thrawn is TMS116 so maybe Ahsoka and Baylan ? I am surprised they haven't wheeled out their mandatory trooper figure. They led with the purge trooper for OWK.

Hera is TMS113 and Thrawn is TMS116 so maybe Ahsoka and Baylan ? I am surprised they haven't wheeled out their mandatory trooper figure. They led with the purge trooper for OWK.
One of them could be this they teased with her in white
1699491333361.jpeg

Even as a small child, I was oddly surprised at being attracted to SJP in that movie.
Like every other 90s kid, my first crush was Kimberly Hart, the Pink Ranger! So caring, kind, compassionate; an entirely wholesome sweetheart. Then along comes an evil, idiotic, borderline albino witch who introduces me to the enhancing qualities of a tight corset…

But yeah, Marrok… what a great… no, I can’t even pretend to act like this figure or character matters.
Had there been any degree of characterisation or a memorable moment worth recreating in 1/6, then I could see it being a worthwhile release. As is, he(?’)s really just a completionist’s necessary purchase to accompany the rest of the line or a bit of filler figure to pad out an aspiring Inquisitor collection.

Back