1/6 Hot Toys - TMS111 - Ahsoka series: Sabine Wren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
InArt really makes you realise how awful Hot Toys hands look...
1692701170798.png

I like the design kinda reminds me of Hartel's concept. Funny enough think the dude actually works at ilm now. So definitely what they were going for.
View attachment 657900
It ‘only kinda’ reminds you of that design?! That’s 100% the initial draft.
1E6D2068-3B91-46FC-8835-E7594F47F4DB.jpeg

They just trimmed away all the bulk from the armour and dropped the more stylistic approach to the paint in favour of a clean, almost factory applied finish (wrong choice imo,) and then topped it all off by giving Sabine the flattest chest armour in the galaxy.

Last edited:
This is the line for me. Zero restraint of any kind. Rebels is my favorite Star Wars show (as of now) and this looks like Season 5.

Give me everyone! I'll make the space or buy another display cabinet.

Sabine, Hera, Chopper, Ezra, Ahsoka, Anakin, Baylan, Shin, Thrawn, Marrok, and hopefully Kanan (if flashback).

I haven't been this pumped for anything Star Wars in a while.

Figured we’d at least see Sabine being a Mandalorian with a lightsaber. That’s HT magnet material. As long as we eventually get Thrawn I’ll be happy. Hera and the rest of the Rebels crew would be amazing to get!

Sabine, Hera, and Thrawn are 100% day one pre-orders for me. Chopper I'd wait and see but I personally love the character. I love the clips we've seen of him so far for the Ahsoka show. I'd consider an Ezra as well depending on how I like the live action character. At times I found him a bit annoying on Rebels - although he did mature towards the end. Really looking forward to the Ahsoka premiere tonight!!!!

I am fully confident Zeb will show up in the series as well, as he had a brief cameo in Mando Season 3. I am doubtful that Hot Toys would tackle him.

I've been wanting a Sabine forever, but I'm still not feeling this armor design. Seems so dull and generic compared to her animated look.

View attachment 657898

This gender neutral looking armor’s terrible. They had perfection with Bo/Nite Owls but I can see Dave wanting to have Sabine look different and then focusing on actual comfort.

She looks like a field medic or maintenance worker instead of a badass Mandalorian warrior. She doesn’t even have hand guards which is a standard:lol And don’t get me started on that ugly Animated helmet. But definitely picking her up regardless. It is what it is with her. I’m just a sucker for Mando figures:dunno

This gender neutral looking armor’s terrible. They had perfection with Bo/Nite Owls but I can see Dave wanting to have Sabine look different and then focusing on actual comfort.

She looks like a field medic or maintenance worker instead of a badass Mandalorian warrior. She doesn’t even have hand guards which is a standard:lol And don’t get me started on that ugly Animated helmet. But definitely picking her up regardless. It is what it is with her. I’m just a sucker for Mando figures:dunno
I hear ya :)

She looks more like a teenage boy with the short hair and flat armor....

Disney's new updated mandate for female Mando's..... "No Boob Armor Allowed!!!"

I'm just mostly annoyed they made her yet another Jedi and Ahsoka's apprentice. Another FU to Boyega's Finn character....

I remember there was some debate and backlash over some previous movie or show that all the female's should have flat plate armor as the bulges on the plate were sexist or some crap. Then some real women came out and said BS, flat armor would be extremely uncomfortable and It would never be that flat on their chest.

I'm still waiting for realistic male bodies. I want some dumpy Dad bod heroes on screen.... :lol

Disney, Disney, Disney. Don't you know that your females must wear pink, short skirts and have huge knockers? Bra size is clearly the primary factor in casting females and what is it with all this function over form crap? Well at at least she's smiling.

This is the line for me. Zero restraint of any kind. Rebels is my favorite Star Wars show (as of now) and this looks like Season 5.

Give me everyone! I'll make the space or buy another display cabinet.

Sabine, Hera, Chopper, Ezra, Ahsoka, Anakin, Baylan, Shin, Thrawn, Marrok, and hopefully Kanan (if flashback).

I haven't been this pumped for anything Star Wars in a while.
Man if Kanan shows up in a flashback or anything then I will never stop hounding Hot Toys until they make him.

Yes usually female Mando armour looks shaped to comfortably fit them.
So it's either a design choice or this is what fit the actress most comfortably.
It does look ah.... restrictive.
My collection is focused elsewhere, and I'm not fussed about the show so no surprise, I won't be getting this, but I quite the look of this one.
Chrisstbh is right about the hands though. They look crap.

Back