1/6 Hot Toys -TMS098 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Tech

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! His outfit and gear has the most distinctive visual "pop" of the group. The sculpt is...interesting. The least "Morrison-y" of them all. Looks great with the goggles on anyway.

So amazed and happy HT is presenting all of them in the season one gear. The lineup will make an impressive display.

I really have to give Hot Toys credit on how they translate these cartoon characters into realistic sculpts that look both like the cartoon and Morisson.

I really like this sculpt. I definitely see a hint of Morisson in there. I think Tech looks the least like a regular clone in the show anyway, so I have no problem with the sculpt looking less like Morisson than the other ones.

That being said, I won't get this guy or any of the other Bad Batch figures for that matter. I think the outfits are too cartoony. That goes for the other clones like the 501st or Rex as well. They don't have the realistic feel of a Stormtrooper for instance and look off in my collection.

After reading back through all the threads, and picking up Echo and Hunter, I had no doubts they would release the entire team from Season 1. Great news indeed!

I'm glad to see HT following through this time. But, they did deserved all the skepticism thrown their way with all the past teasing of shelved prototypes and incomplete lines.

So happy to be getting the whole team (despite no Omega). Knew it was only a matter of time but nice to have confirmation. Shout out to my fellow Clone fans who also kept the faith.

18FF87FC-08BC-4F3B-9BE9-72FE03D83DEE.jpeg

I’ve been waiting for this day to post this video. :lol

I haven't even seen the show but this figure looks so cool!

I like the characters a lot and the show overall, but it’s worth watching just to see the Rise of the Empire/Dark Times era developed more.

They bring up interesting topics dealing with the transition from the Republic to the Empire.

There’s a good number of filler episodes you can skip though if that helps. Feel free to PM me if you ever decide to watch it and want advice as to which to skip.

I don’t mind most of the episodes but the two seasons could be condensed into two really good films honestly and it might be more appealing to some.

Now I wondered. Did we ever see him withiut googles in the show?
Plenty of times he is without googles, more so in Season 2 than in TCW and Season 1.

I think sithocan meant if we see him without his glasses/inner goggles on his face, not his helmet and visor.

Which we don’t really. We see him without his helmet pretty often but he still keeps his goggles on.

There are reference images to his face though.

34E19502-ADD5-48DE-8595-5101AA66C2EA.jpeg

I have some issues with the sculpt itself but I think the pictures of the sculpt also feel weird partly because he’s not wearing his eyewear. It’s like looking at someone you’re always used to seeing with glasses without them; a bit jarring.

4C22F7BF-611B-44EC-9446-317D7D3136C9.jpeg

Feels a lot more like Tech with the eyewear on.

F8890F97-AEEB-43D2-8B7D-FC49AA5C37D5.jpeg

This is the weakest sculpt but he will have those goggles on anyways.

I am so happy to see the team completed!!! It is a great time to be a clone 'stan.

Easily the best design of the Bad Batch members, it's so toy-etic, exactly the type of figure I would have been obsessed with as a kid. I haven't watched the show but this was always a must grab. I might just pair him with Hunter since I like the Rambo design.

I always thought Tech was heavily inspired by Harold Ramis as Egon Spengler in Ghostbusters. I think a little bit of that is captured in the cartoon version with the elongated lower face and high cheek bones. I think the sculpt is a little too rounded.

55341F76-4253-4C8F-BFF5-2949CF0BC5F1.jpeg

I think sithocan meant if we see him without his glasses/inner goggles on his face, not his helmet and visor.

Which we don’t really. We see him without his helmet pretty often but he still keeps his goggles on.

There are reference images to his face though.

View attachment 626765

I have some issues with the sculpt itself but I think the pictures of the sculpt also feel weird partly because he’s not wearing his eyewear. It’s like looking at someone you’re always used to seeing with glasses without them; a bit jarring.

View attachment 626763

Feels a lot more like Tech with the eyewear on.

View attachment 626764
Exactly. I don't remember seeing him while not wearing googles, or I just might have missed it.

Back