1/6 Hot Toys -TMS098 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Tech

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised Tech and/or Wrecker didn't break the $300 barrier (NOT a complaint, mind you), although they may at some 3rd party retailers (I'm looking at you BBTS). No re-use of parts, includes unique portraits and in Tech's case, a lot of gear.

I'm still (happily) reeling tha HT are actually completing a set of something that doesn't have the word "Marvel" in it.

Not interested in any of these guys, however I’m very interested in that Battle Droid they teased. Whether it be from this show, Clone Wars, or the PT, I just need a standard colour B1 Battle Droid or two, not those Geonosis variants.

There’s a good number of filler episodes you can skip though if that helps. Feel free to PM me if you ever decide to watch it and want advice as to which to skip.
I'd be interested to see your list - maybe a lot of people would so maybe just post it?

My main problem with these Bad Batch figures is that HT didn't put in enough effort trying to make the armour look realistic, the armour looks almost straight out of the show yet the headsculpts are realistic. It's a weird contrast.

I like the characters a lot and the show overall, but it’s worth watching just to see the Rise of the Empire/Dark Times era developed more.

They bring up interesting topics dealing with the transition from the Republic to the Empire.

There’s a good number of filler episodes you can skip though if that helps. Feel free to PM me if you ever decide to watch it and want advice as to which to skip.

I don’t mind most of the episodes but the two seasons could be condensed into two really good films honestly and it might be more appealing to some.
Cool thanks for the input :hi5: I honestly had no idea what it was about, so you mentioning getting "to see the Rise of the Empire/Dark Times era developed more" is enough to make me want to watch it.

Last edited:
0B81C123-DDDB-494F-8A41-BCB33E134291.jpeg

Man Wrecker has such a great presence to him, if I had to choose one, he'd be the one, without a doubt.
Wrecker is awesome to be sure, but Tech also has great presence. The different coloring to his armor and gear, all those tools and pouches, and that awesome, transforming helmet create so many display and posing options he'll never look dull on the shelf. Wrecker is indeed that "boisterous bruiser" whose bulk and size overwhelm....

Too hard to choose. That's why getting all five is a must. :)

My main problem with these Bad Batch figures is that HT didn't put in enough effort trying to make the armour look realistic, the armour looks almost straight out of the show yet the headsculpts are realistic. It's a weird contrast.
The definitely used realistic armor. The high pieces are one thats realistic. Tech has the realistic cod piece. They all have realistic boots.

The definitely used realistic armor. The high pieces are one thats realistic. Tech has the realistic cod piece. They all have realistic boots.
It doesn't look like though due to the paint applications, they've painted in such a way that it looks straight out of animation, especially all of the weathering.

Could have benefited from actually having the weathering sculpted into the armour itself. It just looks flat otherwise.

Wrecker is awesome to be sure, but Tech also has great presence. The different coloring to his armor and gear, all those tools and pouches, and that awesome, transforming helmet create so many display and posing options he'll never look dull on the shelf. Wrecker is indeed that "boisterous bruiser" whose bulk and size overwhelm....

Too hard to choose. That's why getting all five is a must. :)

Oh I'm with you man, they all look great, and I have no self-control so I'm definitely getting the whole team.

If I had to get one though...I think I'd have to go with Wrecker and I say that as I stare at Hunter and Echo right next to my desk.

Back