1/6 Hot Toys - The Book of Boba Fett: R5-D4, Pit Droid and BD-72 set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Asked this because, maybe, HT will make the Imperial droids some day. I have the SSC ones and are ok, but not on the sturdy side though. Thus if HT makes these (and the Death Star Droid), I'm in.

Comparison R2-Q5 & R5-J2 Imperial Astromech Droids 01.jpg

Thanks guys. Asked this because, maybe, HT will make the Imperial droids some day. I have the SSC ones and are ok, but not on the sturdy side though.
I guess you also need to ask yourself the question, what are you going to do with your R2 ?

Mine just sits on a shelf, so doesn't need to be overly "sturdy".

I have 2x HT R2's and 1xSS R2. Also a SS R5-D4.

The only thing really going for HT is the chrome dome. Weathering etc is all pretty similar imo.

I guess you also need to ask yourself the question, what are you going to do with your R2 ?

The only thing really going for HT is the chrome dome. Weathering etc is all pretty similar imo.
I don't mind having extra of each R2-Q5 and R5-J2 astromechs, this time made by HT.

Am I correct in thinking this guy is possibly being reissued with an MSE droid and booster legs in the not too distant future, under the Mandalorian label rather than BoBF?

Yeah with the dome mod (rubbing alcohol to remove the weathering) there's not a massive difference between the HT and SSC R2s. I have two HT DX R2s (much better than the HT TFA R2,) two SSC R2s and a SSC R5. I do prefer the HT R2 as the white and blue colors are really authentic to OT R2 onscree and the real metal dome is sort of fun.

The SSC R5 is for some reason much better overall than the SSC R2 - not sure exactly why. It's OT so a bit different, but I'd argue the SSC R5 looks better than this new HT R5, though I really hate the neck on the Mando style R5 and hate that "drinking glass ring" they painted on the front of R5 where the magnetic droid bolt goes.

I checked out the video ... while it looks to be sharply sculpted and solidly built, I'm really not crazy about what looks like sloppy and heavy handed weathering apps on R5. I can't remember what he looked like in the show so maybe it's accurate, but it doesn't translate well to one-sixth, IMO.

I checked out the video ... while it looks to be sharply sculpted and solidly built, I'm really not crazy about what looks like sloppy and heavy handed weathering apps on R5. I can't remember what he looked like in the show so maybe it's accurate, but it doesn't translate well to one-sixth, IMO.
Blogger photos
IMG_3724.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

Still
IMG_3673.jpeg

Actual model I believe:
IMG_3672.jpeg

Looks very good, could’ve even gone dirtier maybe.

I got the set mostly because I love the BD droid (big Fallen Order & Survivor fan), but the pit droid looks fantastic too.
Bring on more droid packs like this one.

(and a Cal Kestis and BD-1 set hopefully)
IMG_3686.jpeg

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg
IMG_3709.jpeg

Blogger photos
View attachment 655031
View attachment 655032

Still
View attachment 655033
Actual model I believe:
View attachment 655034

Looks very good, could’ve even gone dirtier maybe.

I got the set mostly because I love the BD droid (big Fallen Order & Survivor fan), but the pit droid looks fantastic too.
Bring on more droid packs like this one.

(and a Cal Kestis and BD-1 set hopefully)
View attachment 655035
View attachment 655036
View attachment 655037View attachment 655038
So it's accurate to the show, just don't like the brown splotches. The come across as a bit flat on the figure. Overall a nice droid, though.

not quite sure if I'm truly need that BD-73, even though recently I've played the **** out of recent Jedi Order game on PS5.

There it is ... I was wondering what happened to your decades of Imperial focus ... :LOL:
The Imperial focus is here to stay. Even if collecting has slowed down quite a bit these days, I'm not out of the game. And I will get R2-Q5 and R5-J2 if HT ever makes them. With a narrow focus like mine, I believe I can own multiple versions of the same character :)

Back