1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Spider Man 2099 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean I’m not really aiming to debate your choice of semantics or exact verbiage but you used “a Spider-Man” yourself. Oh well.

That makes sense imo—the unique animated style probably can’t be conveyed very well to a real life poseable figure but the harder plastic helps give the silhouette some of the illusion that it’s straight from the artwork. Conversely, though, it might only look good at face value in a museum pose…all those joints destroy the visual authenticity the second a light goes on or even when it’s twisted into a pose.
Totally agree with what you're saying. It's either museum or an extreme pose to try to hide imperfections on the suit.

Subtle poses with a slight ab twist would have distorted the bottom part of the spider-logo enough to make it jarring looking.
But the ease and relative carelessness you could put this bad boy in any extreme pose would have been fun, and something different than literally all of the previous Spider-Man.

If you look at the movie for example, 2099 is always very sharp and hard edge, both visually and character wise.
a777afaa23157436a126a88d4776f49e.jpg

I think they utilised his joints very well to make it look like its part of his armor. There is sculpture wise so much going on it blends in pretty well.

Look at the sculpture and the muscle definition, especially if lights hit it just right. I truly think people would have enjoyed this way more in hand.

You seem like a professional collector, you could have definitely put him in a pose where the misalignment were minimal enough to be satisfied.

The main problem is that it's missing the details.

Look what the creator said about this suit
Screenshot_20230705_233441_Instagram.jpg

If only HT made the underlying red part of his suit more prominent and more lively than the blue part of his suit, like the darker scenes, it would have been much better.

And why did HT fold so quickly? Let this new idea sink in, show an updated 2.0 and if the PO's still don't come in, release a new statement of a fabric one.

Now the initial buzz is gone and I would be pleasantly surprised if we see/read anything till 2024 or even till the blogger photos.

This turned out much longer than expected, my apologies.

Tl;Dr
Agreed.
HT 2099 needed more details.
HT rolled on their belly like small cats.
I'm still buying it.

Attachments

• spider-man-2099_marvel_gallery_646e47b3207c8.jpg
    spider-man-2099_marvel_gallery_646e47b3207c8.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230705_233515_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230705_233515_Instagram.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I mean, it's amazing HT thought they could get away with charging $250 for what looks like an oversized Marvel Legends figure.

View attachment 645886

Even with a cloth suit over it, the proportions for this figure is all sorts of wrong. Tiny thin head, flattened traps, blocky shoulders, overly exaggerated arm thickness and length, and thin quads. Really wish they would go back to the drawing board and start over.
To me, this is all that needs to be said. This figure is a huge miss, joints aside.

Curious to see if they overproduce this like Miles or underproduce. Let’s hope for the latter!
Everything's being produced much less now, we're sliding back into the era of things being waitlisted before they are released. Iron Studios doing the same thing, I just bought a set of statues that have been out for a year for 80% off, meanwhile a lot of their new POs are already sold out

Everything's being produced much less now, we're sliding back into the era of things being waitlisted before they are released. Iron Studios doing the same thing, I just bought a set of statues that have been out for a year for 80% off, meanwhile a lot of their new POs are already sold out
Great to hear. Something about a limited run or small production numbers makes my collector brain tingle. HARD.

Back