1/6 Hot Toys - Sleepy Hollow: Ichabod Crane Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2015 version of Tonto. They will be giving these away during Spook 2019.

So many figures people want and they choose this? Seriously? The movie has a very small fanbase. Not exactly a cult classic. I can't see more than a few hundred people (if that) paying $220 or whatever it is for this figure.

Generally I'm all for Hot Toys venturing outside of their comfort zone (ever since the first pictures of Blade II many years ago, I've been waiting for a Blade I figure), and I'm glad this figure is being released for everybody who's interested. The accessories are the best thing about this release, and he looks great in the shots with the white apron and the headgear.

But what I find most underwhelming about this figure is that it looks dated to me, like he could have come out exactly like this 4-5 years ago. The sculpt is a bit too generic (the Sweeney Todd likeness was much better) and looks undersized, they included those aweful oversized "relaxed" hands that I thought they finally got rid of, and the overall proportions look weird/inhuman.

Compare the proportions between this shot of the figure and a publicity still:

10415575_10152409633722344_2153845054633989981_n.jpg
Johnny+Depp+as+Ichabod+Crane+2.jpg

The figure looks like he has superhero proportions, i.e., small head, wide shoulders.

You gotta love how so many ppl are making it seem like this is an unexpected release that HT made just for the hell of it w/o any say or warning when this sucker was actually lightly teased 3 YEARS AGO w/ that little place card at one of the Toy Fairs. I'm excited as hell that it finally came out. Didn't even think that we would get a switch out hairpiece or the apron :rock with that said, I'll wait until i can use a coupon on him or something before I order one

Looks good to me. May be interested down the line. I remember my first time watching this movie in a hotel when I was a lot younger. Great movie.

Likeness looks spot on to me. The proportion thing I get, but that's common with figures that have multiple layers of clothing. The figure itself would have be anorexic to get it right imo, and odds are it would be fragile as all hell and people would break em' left and right trying to pose them.

Portrait seems to be a trademark stylized/squished face/out of proportion HT sculpt. About what I would expect. Still looks really good to me, though. I can't imagine this selling very well though, which suggests to me that Howard must really, really love Johnny Depp taking on these figures that are destined to head to the discount bin. I guess when he's making millions and millions on Iron Men variants he's afforded the luxury of these kinds of things now and again.

Worst thing to come from this though, will be all the folks using this as evidence that some other random old prototype will actually be made now. No doubt we'll get half a dozen people arguing that a First Class Xavier is coming now.

His face looks too round. I always chalk up the round faces to the non seamless neck. I do not no why they do not go with a seamless neck on figures like this one.

His face is way too round. The Sweeney Todd sculpt is spot on.

I can tell it's Johnny Depp, the likeness is there...sorta. I can't put my finger on it, but something is definitely off. As others have mentioned, I think it's either the hair or perhaps the face is too round/wide/squished. I am a fan of this movie and want this figure to turn out really well. I won't be pre-ordering unless there is a crazy good exclusive. Otherwise, I am definitely going to wait for in hand shots before making a decision on this guy. Hopefully Hot Toys will make some tweaks to get this figure looking a bit better.

i think it looks pretty good. I can't see myself getting this. I liked the movie, but not enough to spend what HT is going to want for this. Congrats to all those who have been waiting for this guy.

They did it... The crazy sons of b****es did it.

I think it looks great. The headsculpt is more early nineties Depp than late nineties, but it's still him, hands down. Definite purchase for me.

This went in the horror section? Really? Isn't that a bit OCD?

Maybe its some kind of comment on the sculpt.

I like Sleepy Hollow. Its a great movie to watch leading up to Halloween. I do it every year since I saw this in theatres!!

It's the eyes that are off.

I think this looks great and I'm glad they actually made it. Hopefully this means someone like Charles Xavier (and as much as I don't like Brometheus or Shaw, Shaw too) are next. Some of you guys are really killing the vibe with all the naysaying, "what, they made THIS?" and "it looks nothing like him" hyperbole. What would you prefer, more Iron Man and Batman? This is better than another Marvel, Star Wars, superhero release in my opinion. I can't get enough of these out of left field choices like the Godfather, the Crow, Marty McFly, Alex Murphy etc. They keep things fresh, I'd personally like to see more of them.

As for the likeness, it looks like 90s Depp from Sleepy Hollow to me. Not quite at his Jack Sparrow/Demon Barber age, but Depp nonetheless. People went on and on with excitement for the Hot Toys Han Solo and that looks nothing like Ford just because it was a Hot Toys Star Wars "Han Solo" so why not a little more enthusiasm for a figure that actually looks like Ichabod Crane. Hair and giant relaxed hands are bad, I agree, but that plagues most Hot Toys figures.

There should me more praise for this, look at those clothes, those nicely detailed little accessories,

10688247_10152409634012344_3430500491138101246_o.jpg

7594_10152409634022344_1269949842168539767_n.jpg

What's bad about it? But yeah, lets rip it apart, question it as a release and discourage Hot Toys from making different releases so we can keep getting more Disney and superhero licensed figures. That's the ticket! :lol

:clap You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DiFabio again.

I agree. It's a great looking figure and impressive set and I'm surprised (or am I?) from all the vitriol it's getting, even beyond the likeness.

I was looking forward to it and I would be pretty happy with it. Unfortunately with all the HT SW figures coming and now the huge jump in price from SSC, Ichabod is going to be put to the bottom of the list. I can totally see this being Spook fodder in the coming years, so maybe I'll still get a chance to get it someday.

Back