1/6 Hot Toys - Sleepy Hollow: Ichabod Crane Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good with the apron and goggles on. So something is off on the top part of the sculpt, so the goggles cover it up.

I will only be interested in this if they release the headless horseman. He is among my absolute most wanted 1/6 figures. I feel like people would be way more interested in that.

I am not feeling the likeness at all. The Sseeney Todd likeness was dead on. This just feels really off.

:exactly: Hot Toys, you have the license, give us The Horseman!

We have to remember that this was announced three years ago so this release is long, long overdue rather than a surprise or "out of left field".

Needs some work on the sculpt. Tailoring looks great. Comes with a ton of crap. Whats with the hair helmet . I will order it . I really liked the movie .

His face is a little too round and baby cheeked, but otherwise the figure looks very good. I'd like to get it at some point, even though I'm suffering from Depp burnout. I love the movie and watch it every year for Halloween.... This will probably be a one off, when it would probably sell better with the Headless Horseman as a companion figure (not to mention the Horseman is iconic, anyway).

That said, I want figures from the FOX TV show MUCH, MUCH more than this. Tom Mison Crane, Red Coat Horseman with his broad axe, Abbie Mills....the list goes on.

I think the likeness is fine, and what might be throwing people off is the fact that this is a younger Depp than Pirates or Sweeney. I saw this movie when it came out and he actually did look just like this. I don't need this figure myself, as my Sweeney Todd figure is the ultimate Depp as far as I'm concerned, but I would buy a Headless Horseman in a New York minute. I'm wondering what finally convinced Hot Toys to release this though. Was the presence of the Medicom 1/6 Ichabod figure in the market the spur Hot Toys needed to release their own version? Or was it just a coincidence of timing?

Hot Toys has to know that this Ichabod figure would sell better if people knew the Headless Horseman was also on the way as a companion piece. If Hot Toys has any intention to release the Horseman they should announce it now.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Christina Ricci figure from this movie either.

I think the likeness is fine, and what might be throwing people off is the fact that this is a younger Depp than Pirates or Sweeney. I saw this movie when it came out and he actually did look just like this. I don't need this figure myself, as my Sweeney Todd figure is the ultimate Depp as far as I'm concerned, but I would buy a Headless Horseman in a New York minute. I'm wondering what finally convinced Hot Toys to release this though. Was the presence of the Medicom 1/6 Ichabod figure in the market the spur Hot Toys needed to release their own version? Or was it just a coincidence of timing?

Hot Toys has to know that this Ichabod figure would sell better if people knew the Headless Horseman was also on the way as a companion piece. If Hot Toys has any intention to release the Horseman they should announce it now.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a Christina Ricci figure from this movie either.

I dunno what everyone is talking about Johnny Depp has barely aged between the late 90s and now. There was only 8 years between Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd.

I also think they missed a major accessory!

Johnny-in-Sleepy-Hollow-johnny-depp-4771317-1024-580.jpg

I think the lips are too full. Also they missed the cowardice and insecurity of the character. Its too stern. He was not a tough guy in the movie. It would have been nice to see more of the character in the sculpt.

Even without the suggestions, I still really want this figure. I doubt I will pre-order but I will buy none the less. I loved the movie and this will go great on my shelf of Depp.

I agree with Fabio's point about the Han Solo for sure. If Han were as close to Ford as this sculpt is to Depp, I would be really excited about that figure. As it stands, I'll buy it, but I won't be totally satisfied with it.

I didn't think the Johnny Depp announcement mentioned in the last Q & A would be Sleepy Hollow related. It looks really good. I agree with the comments about the proportions, but the likeness? It sure looks like Johnny Depp to me. A freaky Walken headless horseman would go great with this.

Back