1/6 Hot Toys - Peacemaker The Series - Peacemaker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pictured Toy Anxiety parting out this figure and its accessories. I wonder if the tongue will be sold separately from the head sculpt and how much it would be. :lol

Has to be one of if not the strangest accessory Hot Toys has made.

I just pictured Toy Anxiety parting out this figure and its accessories. I wonder if the tongue will be sold separately from the head sculpt and how much it would be. :lol

***Hot*** Toys ahem

So I'm wondering how this WB Gun Ban works... I saw a video yesterday wherein Queen Studios is proudly displaying the guns that are coming with their 1/6th Joker figure.

Could it be because their DC license isn't worldwide that the ban doesn't apply here? Could it be it only applies when the product is officially available in the US? Could it be it only applies to merchandise from media that has been released after the gun ban, therefore excluding TDK because it's an older film?

I find it strange and feels like measuring with double standards. This Peacemaker should have a sidearm that isn't glued in place, he should have that sniper rifle, he should have the P90... he should have a lot more than the cutlery he comes with now...

Most of all he should have a neutral helmetless sculpt, though.

Anyway, rant over.

Imagine tables full of tongues in the production factory, it must look pretty creepy :lol

So I'm wondering how this WB Gun Ban works... I saw a video yesterday wherein Queen Studios is proudly displaying the guns that are coming with their 1/6th Joker figure.

Could it be because their DC license isn't worldwide that the ban doesn't apply here? Could it be it only applies when the product is officially available in the US? Could it be it only applies to merchandise from media that has been released after the gun ban, therefore excluding TDK because it's an older film?

I find it strange and feels like measuring with double standards. This Peacemaker should have a sidearm that isn't glued in place, he should have that sniper rifle, he should have the P90... he should have a lot more than the cutlery he comes with now...

Most of all he should have a neutral helmetless sculpt, though.

Anyway, rant over.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've had the same questions myself.

When it was first announced, a lot of companies - both domestic and import - complied by removing firearms entirely. Not just toys, but every piece of trend merchandise like shirts and accessories, too.

But as time has passed, I've noticed more of the higher end DC collectibles have started to quietly incorporate them again.

They're usually not advertised front and center, but they do show some marketing photos with them.

On the other hand, some companies like McFarlane have said that they've moved on from the issue and will keep complying. But they technically make toys, even if they're not specifically geared towards kids. Hot Toys, too, technically make toys despite being more in line with collectibles.

So I don't know if some of the companies that make the more expensive limited pieces that aren't specifically toys lobbied for exemptions? Maybe based on quantity since they're limited editions? Or just by virtue of statues and replicas not being toys and marketed to adults specifically.

But aside from the cheapest little plastic toys, it's a lot of adult collectors that buy toys now. So none of this really made much sense to begin with.

McFarlane did say they're making a weapon pack for separate distribution. I guess other companies could as well, though I don't I don't see Hot Toys doing something like that unless they start making a lot more DC figures that should come with guns but can't.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up. I've had the same questions myself.

When it was first announced, a lot of companies - both domestic and import - complied by removing firearms entirely. Not just toys, but every piece of trend merchandise like shirts and accessories, too.

But as time has passed, I've noticed more of the higher end DC collectibles have started to quietly incorporate them again.

They're usually not advertised front and center, but they do show some marketing photos with them.

On the other hand, some companies like McFarlane have said that they've moved on from the issue and will keep complying. But they technically make toys, even if they're not specifically geared towards kids. Hot Toys, too, technically make toys despite being more in line with collectibles.

So I don't know if some of the companies that make the more expensive limited pieces that aren't specifically toys lobbied for exemptions? Maybe based on quantity since they're limited editions? Or just by virtue of statues and replicas not being toys and marketed to adults specifically.

But aside from the cheapest little plastic toys, it's a lot of adult collectors that buy toys now. So none of this really made much sense to begin with.

McFarlane did say they're making a weapon pack for separate distribution. I guess other companies could as well, though I don't I don't see Hot Toys doing something like that unless they start making a lot more DC figures that should come with guns but can't.

Mezco said the gun ban doesn't apply to high end collectibles.
Hmm...

Well then, I guess a $275 figure doesn't count as a high end collectible anymore :google

I think that when WB issued the gun ban, most companies thought it applied across the board. I think that high-end 1/6th figures are not actually affected by the ban, but it isn't clear if they actually know that. There seemed to be a lot of confusion early, but most higher-end collectibles have kept their guns. It sounds like HT doesn't know what they are allowed to do here. I fully expect that when we get Peacemaker, his gun will be included and removeable even if not advertised. Mezco is getting around it by offering completely (un)related accessory packs.

Hmm...

Well then, I guess a $275 figure doesn't count as a high end collectible anymore :google

I had a feeling that was the case. WB probably was not very clear about the directive.

Hot Toys should also be exempt but maybe they started production on this when they didn’t think they were.

They couldn’t be bothered to make changes since that would cost time, money, and effort. Especially in getting things re-approved.

It’s a real shame. Peacemaker is a great show and character and deserves a far better figure than this. In a lot of ways.

1658351848854.png
1658351875365.png

Back