1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ngai Hang Tse

31 m ·

v1.jpg
v2.jpg
v3.jpg
v4.jpg
v5.jpg
v6.jpg
v7.jpg
v8.jpg

This is a great release, yet still flawed. I cannot believe Hot Toys is still making the tusks in the wrong direction.

The base looks cool.
It can look great together with Death Star Luke.

photo_2023-04-07_15-11-22.jpg

IMO overall it's a pretty good release with almost all the extras you can think of.

I noticed that last night. Some of the gloves are ginormously poofy. Also not digging the cut and fit of the cape.

It was and the sculpt captures that so beautifully.

I'm the type of fan who prefers Hayden as Anakin for the Force Ghost but the performance when he's talking to Luke can never be taken away from Shaw.
I’d actually like to see them give Hayden a shot at it at this point. Once they replaced Shaw as the force ghost, his significance to the film dramatically diminished. I haven’t been a fan of the split Anakins. I’d rather they all be Shaw or all be Hayden. I’d have preferred Prowse to have gotten the face time as Vader back in the day but his strained relationship with Lucas prevented that from happening. I guess I just felt Shaw really earned that moment and privilege of being the face of Vader. Hayden, Prowse, James Earl Jones, or any of the stunt guys would have felt more appropriate than springing a new actor in there.

That said, the sculpt is fantastic and about time! Getting two different Vader face figures within a year is incredible.

I’d actually like to see them give Hayden a shot at it at this point. Once they replaced Shaw as the force ghost, his significance to the film dramatically diminished. I haven’t been a fan of the split Anakins. I’d rather they all be Shaw or all be Hayden. I’d have preferred Prowse to have gotten the face time as Vader back in the day but his strained relationship with Lucas prevented that from happening. I guess I just felt Shaw really earned that moment and privilege of being the face of Vader. Hayden, Prowse, James Earl Jones, or any of the stunt guys would have felt more appropriate than springing a new actor in there.

That said, the sculpt is fantastic and about time! Getting two different Vader face figures within a year is incredible.
Some years ago, there was a filmmaker that (with Prowse) reshot the Vader unmasked scenes and edited them into ROTJ. Lucasfilm stopped him from showing it in any form, but it exists. Hopefully we can see it someday.

Wow -- Vader and 3PO! I'm excited to see these both. Sad there's so much disinterest for this Vader but understandable if rehash.

I feel I "need" ROTJ to complete the original trilogy Vaders. This one can stand (or lay) with the Shaw sculpt so its immediately differentiated.

I love the idea of the death/glow helmet... but not sure it won't look toyish on display. Still a cool extra for the box.

I’m the exact opposite on this. Having Hayden show up as the ghost was one of the dumbest things (aside from those **** prequels) that Lucas ever came up with. Why did Ben and Yoda both look the age they were when they died, but somehow that horse-**** one dimensional actor appeared as Anakin? Lucas should have been hit in the head with a golf club until he pulled his head out of his ass for that stupidity. Shaw will always be the only Anakin that matters to me.

I’m the exact opposite on this. Having Hayden show up as the ghost was one of the dumbest things (aside from those **** prequels) that Lucas ever came up with. Why did Ben and Yoda both look the age they were when they died, but somehow that horse-**** one dimensional actor appeared as Anakin? Lucas should have been hit in the head with a golf club until he pulled his head out of his ass for that stupidity. Shaw will always be the only Anakin that matters to me.
I agree with you 100% but I have to ask - how exactly would that work? :rotfl

I could only imagine what people would think if James Earl Jones face popped out of the Vader mask in ROTJ. Imagine Luke's reaction as well :monkey3

Wow -- Vader and 3PO! I'm excited to see these both. Sad there's so much disinterest for this Vader but understandable if rehash.

I feel I "need" ROTJ to complete the original trilogy Vaders. This one can stand (or lay) with the Shaw sculpt so its immediately differentiated.

I love the idea of the death/glow helmet... but not sure it won't look toyish on display. Still a cool extra for the box.
French-Gar!!

💯

Back