1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A99F796D-D22A-49E5-A502-D8507C9E6F08.jpeg

New Shaw sculpt is fantastic but so far it appears they rehash the ESB helm instead of just shrink their quarter scale rotj helmet, as to why the mind boggles. The helmet is by far the most important part if they hope to get people to double (triple/quadruple and up for some!) dip.

Disappointing to see that they reused the flawed ESB mask. After all these year and so many attempts, kaiyodo still reigns supreme.

Interesting to see that he comes with 3 new hands though (and lacks one from the ESB release, the Bespin dinner blaster deflection). I'm a sucker for different hand poses for display options and got all the ESB hands parted out for my custom, so I might try to grab these as well.

I'm definitely getting this for my definitive 1/6 Vader....But something about his posture and presence just seem off, especially when I compare to the amazing 1/4 Vader that I have. I cannot put my finger on what is causing it, anyone else feels the same and can point it out better than I could?

I'm definitely getting this for my definitive 1/6 Vader....But something about his posture and presence just seem off, especially when I compare to the amazing 1/4 Vader that I have. I cannot put my finger on what is causing it, anyone else feels the same and can point it out better than I could?
Shoulder armor out of scale (too wide at the very least but maybe too large overall), waist is too narrow, mask and dome are wrong I believe, cape being a little too thick for this scale.

Shoulder armor out of scale (too wide at the very least but maybe too large overall), waist is too narrow, mask and dome are wrong I believe, cape being a little too thick for this scale.
ah I see it now, it's definitely his waist/ab area and the shoulders. For whatever reason the Kenobi Vader looks better, I read somewhere that it's cause that is actually based off of the RO Vader while this is just the ESB release, but not sure if true since this will be my first 1/6 Vader

Back