1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already showing “low stock”

1680797225474.gif

Don't like the ESB Vader, and this is no better unfortunately.

You'd think after like 10 Vaders they at least TRY to get it right.

Probably been adressed before, but is the TESB helmet accurate to the ROTJ costume? The helmet sculpt looks like the previous HT release.

I must be either blind or one big phony because I’m not seeing the inaccuracies several people are claiming exist on this figure. It looks great, but I’m so torn between getting it vs sticking with my Kenobi version PO.. putting them side by side, the only real differences I can make out are the gloves and belt buckle 😳

Hot Toys has a way of making the Vader helmet and proportions look better in their promo photos than it usually does in person. Its the way they use lighting and angles. To really tell the differences, go compare in hand pictures of HT Rogue One Vader (similar to Kenobi Vader) with HT ESB Vader (similar to ROTJ Vader). They are different in body proportions (RO/Kenobi Vader have longer legs) and helmet (the tusks and eyes on the ESB/ROTJ vader make it look longer, more droopy, and less accurate). Keep in mind that none of the 1/6 Vaders look as accurate as the quarter scale version.

I won't preorder the ROTJ version unless Hot Toys changes the facemask part of the helmet. I can deal with the shortness of the legs but I can't accept long faced vader.

Wait is it confirmed this is the ESB helmet cause that thing is absolute donkey *****

Even though the helmet is the same as the ESB, which is off in a few areas and not ideal, I still just PO'd this guy. Just finally gives me a reason to display Vader with the unmasked Shaw sculpt or maybe even with the cool light up deluxe Blue head.

Back