1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to fight the urge to pre-order this but between the accessories and the packaging, I'm excited!

While the deluxe base and helmets/head sculpt are semi-cool, ESB Vader body reuse is a pass for me. I hated the helmet gimmick and the body still feels and looks awkward. I think the Obiwan show Vader is still the better one on pre-order and the one I will get as a second Vader.

I really don’t want or need another vader but I can’t pass on this. Will need to do some rearranging when the time comes but he’s a order for me

While this will no doubt be better than the Sideshow releases, I’m somehow not as excited for this as I thought I would be. Proportions look a little off and not as good as the 1/4. I do like the amount of hands this figure comes with though and the Shaw headsculpt looks great. He just doesn’t look imposing to me in the way that say the OWK version does.

I think if people bitched enough, they would fix the issues. So please, ***** out loud about the facemask

Pass due to the helmet. It’s so inaccurate. Kenobi helmet is much better imo. Shame too as I really was hoping for a shrunk down 1/4. Lazy Ht

I must be either blind or one big phony because I’m not seeing the inaccuracies several people are claiming exist on this figure. It looks great, but I’m so torn between getting it vs sticking with my Kenobi version PO.. putting them side by side, the only real differences I can make out are the gloves and belt buckle 😳

:clap....... :yess:........ :clap

I have been so patiently waiting for this guy. All in for the Deluxe. So cool to have the blue head as an option too... That was a welcomed unexpected addition for sure. I skipped the RO & ESB as I only needed 1 shiny Vader in my HT collection. I'm a Vader whore (I always have to use constraint when buying Vader merch) so it was hard to skip the RO & ESB when they even tempted me twice with the ESB version (1st & ESB 40th)... Without all these cool extras, the base Vader is identical to ESB. I even got a parted out ESB lightsaber so I have the option with this guy, Glad too it looks like they gave him the proper ROTJ lightsaber hilt.

I know he's not perfect, but I like it. I have the 1/4 scale, but he's never been displayed due to his size and not wanting to remove a shelf in one of my Detolfs.

And is it just me, or does this unmasked Shaw head sculpt look even better than the 1/4 scale?? :dunno

And is his codpiece new or the same as the ESB one? I now it's not the diaper RO version. I bought an extra parted out HT ANH codpiece to replace the Obi-Wan version (since they used the oversized RO mold).

SO, I have the original ANH version (with complete set of Tarkin 2pk gloves), I'll have the Obi-Wan version as a battle damaged Vader, and then this guy. I also have the original ANH SS version and the 1st ESB/ROTJ Deluxe Exclusive SS version.

This base is cool, but if too large I'll display it behind him and use the extra Vader Tarkin 2pk stand I bought waaay back...

This will be the 1st time I have multiple HT figures on PO (3) for many many years... Obi-Wan Vader, this guy, and the ROTJ 3-PO...

Was really hoping for a new helmet sculpt for this guy. Great looking figure but I’m happy with my ESB. Guess I’ll grab a loose kenobi deluxe helmet to try on my ESB

I must be either blind or one big phony because I’m not seeing the inaccuracies several people are claiming exist on this figure. It looks great, but I’m so torn between getting it vs sticking with my Kenobi version PO.. putting them side by side, the only real differences I can make out are the gloves and belt buckle 😳
I'm waiting on a comparison too..

You can never have too many Vaders

1680796295063.jpeg

:clap....... :yess:........ :clap

I have been so patiently waiting for this guy. All in for the Deluxe. So cool to have the blue head as an option too... That was a welcomed unexpected addition for sure. I skipped the RO & ESB as I only needed 1 shiny Vader in my HT collection. I'm a Vader whore (I always have to use constraint when buying Vader merch) so it was hard to skip the RO & ESB when they even tempted me twice with the ESB version (1st & ESB 40th)... Without all these cool extras, the base Vader is identical to ESB. I even got a parted out ESB lightsaber so I have the option with this guy, Glad too it looks like they gave him the proper ROTJ lightsaber hilt.

I know he's not perfect, but I like it. I have the 1/4 scale, but he's never been displayed due to his size and not wanting to remove a shelf in one of my Detolfs.

And is it just me, or does this unmasked Shaw head sculpt look even better than the 1/4 scale?? :dunno

And is his codpiece new or the same as the ESB one? I now it's not the diaper RO version. I bought an extra parted out HT ANH codpiece to replace the Obi-Wan version (since they used the oversized RO mold).

SO, I have the original ANH version (with complete set of Tarkin 2pk gloves), I'll have the Obi-Wan version as a battle damaged Vader, and then this guy. I also have the original ANH SS version and the 1st ESB/ROTJ Deluxe Exclusive SS version.

This base is cool, but if too large I'll display it behind him and use the extra Vader Tarkin 2pk stand I bought waaay back...

This will be the 1st time I have multiple HT figures on PO (3) for many many years... Obi-Wan Vader, this guy, and the ROTJ 3-PO...
That is alot of Vaders lol

It’s a cool release. Truthfully though I do think I’ll be happy with the DX28 from Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Still though this has a lot of cool features in the deluxe set. The throne room stair base, the light-up electrocuted head, the Shaw sculpt all look great.

Gonna stick with the Kenobi Vader. Only thing I care for from this release is the base he's on and maybe the Uncle Fester head, although I doubt I would ever leave him displayed with it. Would also never display him with the electrocuted helmet, as well done as it is.

Gonna stick with the Kenobi Vader. Only thing I care for from this release is the base he's on and maybe the Uncle Fester head, although I doubt I would ever leave him displayed with it. Would also never display him with the electrocuted helmet, as well done as it is.
I think that's a solid choice. I've owned both Rogue One and ESB versions; seeing as how both Kenobi and ROTJ versions are built off of those, respectively -- I'd do the same.

Back