1/6 Hot Toys - MMS677- Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padawan Anakin Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they absolutely crushed this likeness. like they finally, finally got hayden’s likeness down. i feel like in video games, other figures, fan art… it always looks like “anakin” but it somehow doesnt fully resemble hayden. this is uncanny.

the rolling eyes really set off this particular release too, perfect to pull off his intense expressions from the movie. green saber included, awesome box… so exciting all around.

hopefully we get ep2 kenobi reasonably soon, but even just this pairing with padme is stunning. theyll be a standout detolf shelf together.

10 year old me didnt care about crappy dialogue or bad cgi, anakin and jango were my favorite characters growing up, and i loved AOTC. fast forward to 2022, and in the same year we finally got an incredible jango release (personally my FOTY), and we close out the year with this amazing anakin reveal. count me as one very happy 90s baby.

sorry for the tangent but damn. so glad AOTC 20th didnt end up just being wave 1. bravo HT.

the wait begins…
View attachment 612638
90's babies unite! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Jango and Anakin were my idols as a tween. These are a must have!

I hate how great this fig looks. I won't buy it, as I haven't bought any PT figs aside from Jango and maybe an odd trooper, but man, if you're a fan of AOTC (though I don't know why lol) you really have some great figs from this film. Jango, Dooku, Yoda, Anakin, Padme, R2 & 3-P0, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, Clone Troopers, Pilots, Captains etc all coming. Why AOTC deserves all this.. I don't even

But where's POGGLE

But where's POGGLE

22npk9e.jpg

😛 And I hope that other villains (Grievous) are part of the anniversary releases as well.

A mullet is hair that is cut so that it is shorter on the top and side and long in the back. Kenobi’s hair is just long - all of it. Or to put it another way - if you shave your head and then grow your hair out for a year, your hair on top will hang shorter than your hair at the back of the head (or nape of the neck). But each hair is the same basic length. That’s just long hair - not a mullet.

This is a true mullet.
Mullet is not just shaved on the sides and long in the back. Here are a few examples where this is not the case.

Beside the fact that Ewan and Hayden both joked on and off set about his “mullet”.

Attachments

• 35304467-8FC1-4DAB-AD14-98647EBF98AE.jpeg
    35304467-8FC1-4DAB-AD14-98647EBF98AE.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 0
  • BF60D774-7845-4357-9192-D93390349A19.jpeg
    BF60D774-7845-4357-9192-D93390349A19.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
  • D378B83D-22F0-4279-94F8-7341E681FFE6.jpeg
    D378B83D-22F0-4279-94F8-7341E681FFE6.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • B4EED867-F1D9-419B-A9DD-46C35AB57749.jpeg
    B4EED867-F1D9-419B-A9DD-46C35AB57749.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2BE70ED4-5948-432F-805D-1C9F374AF7E3.jpeg
    2BE70ED4-5948-432F-805D-1C9F374AF7E3.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Before seeing them, wanted just Padme. She is a let down and Anakin looks incredible. May actually get him and not her now.

10 year old me didnt care about crappy dialogue or bad cgi, anakin and jango were my favorite characters growing up, and i loved AOTC. fast forward to 2022, and in the same year we finally got an incredible jango release (personally my FOTY), and we close out the year with this amazing anakin reveal. count me as one very happy 90s baby.

Same, I was 11 in the theaters watching AoTC and I don't remember my TPM experience as much, but I remember my AoTC theater experience like it was yesterday. I'll always have a soft spot for this film and crappy dialogue and dated CGI won't change that for me.

90's babies unite! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Jango and Anakin were my idols as a tween. These are a must have!
Same, I was 11 in the theaters watching AoTC and I don't remember my TPM experience as much, but I remember my AoTC theater experience like it was yesterday. I'll always have a soft spot for this film and crappy dialogue and dated CGI won't change that for me.

We’re all about the same age then. I’d say it’s been a good couple of years for fans like us.

Timing has been just right for a PT merch revival with TCW S7, PT/TCW nostalgia, and an increasing number of younger fans of that era having more spending power.

The PT is far from perfect, but a younger me did enjoy AOTC and ROTS. Maybe the toys and other media more than the movies back then. There was a lot of fast forwarding to the Battle of Geonosis, that’s for sure. :lol

But it feels like the PT era is more alive than ever now. It’s amazing we’re getting all these great figures to represent it on our shelves.

We’re all about the same age then. I’d say it’s been a good couple of years for fans like us.

Timing has been just right for a PT merch revival with TCW S7, PT/TCW nostalgia, and an increasing number of younger fans of that era having more spending power.

The PT is far from perfect, but a younger me did enjoy AOTC and ROTS. Maybe the toys and other media more than the movies back then. There was a lot of fast forwarding to the Battle of Geonosis, that’s for sure. :lol

But it feels like the PT era is more alive than ever now. It’s amazing we’re getting all these great figures to represent it on our shelves.
OT Fans have been having their time for so long. Feels good we younger fans are getting all of this love.

I can't tell you how many times I rewatched the original Clone Wars cartoon. I just bought the old Hasbro Jango Slave 1 that I had as a kid, I found it on a work trip this weekend. The movies were the easiest to sit down with but finding the comics, games, and toys turned me into a Star Wars junkie. I still have my Tag & Bink comics I found in 7-11.

It's as alive as it ever will be, lets ride this wave for as long as we can :rock

Looks good. I’ll order next year though. I don’t need it but I’ll have it.

Anakin looks fantastic, Padme looks very good. I wonder if HT will take another crack at EP III Anakin with a new head sculpt. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of Senator Amidala or Queen Amidala variations. In which case Podracer/Naboo Fighter Anakin might eventually show up.

Putting aside the problems of this film this is building up to the ability to create an absolutely gnarly diorama of the arena battle sequence.

Dooku - done
Jango - done
Anakin - done
Padme - done
C-3PO - done
R2 - done
Battle droid - done
Obi-Wan - ???
Mace -???
Super BD - ???

I know there are others, like Kit Fisto, where a prototype has been shown, but I can’t think of another sequence such as this where HT have produced this many figures. Yes, Howard is a super fan.

This does look great and is seriously tempting, but too similar for me to have this and the ROTS (my preferred) version. His 1st robotic hand looks cool though. Plus don't care as much for this over the shoulder sleeveless cloak over a full Jedi Robe. If this hangs around and gets some discounts in 2 years, maybe I'll break down and get it.

And is this the 1st time we've finally seen what the new USB lightsabers will look like in photos?

Also, he should come with 3 lightsaber hilts to be accurate, no? His gets cut in half, then in the arena he gets thrown a random one from a Jedi. And when he's fighting Dooku with the 2, the other is the random hilt thrown to Obi-Wan.

Back