1/6 Hot Toys - MMS649 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Geonosis Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many clankers have you guys bought so far ?

200 (22).gif

It’s not even accurate to AOTC and ROTS, it’s the Mandalorian version. Which is a lesser design.
I'm really hoping they scrap that Mando design and go with AoTC/ROTS version, where they actually looked intimidating. Not the budget version Mando got.

How many clankers have you guys bought so far ?
Just 2 for now.

I'd get more of the regular version but these 2 should will work with Dooku for now, the Separatist shelf is practically non-existent right now.

****’s sake. Why do Disney’s inferior design elements keep creeping into OT and Prequel stuff? Battle droids, Tusken Raiders, Scout Troopers, Bespin Luke’s cgi face…
I've said this before, but in spite of that disney money and the hype surrounding them, these shows generally have pretty weak effects and designs. If you pay attention to that type of thing, you can tell from the earliest episodes, the creature and alien fx are seriously lacking. It's weird to be a step down from fx done in 1983.

I've said this before, but in spite of that disney money and the hype surrounding them, these shows generally have pretty weak effects and designs. If you pay attention to that type of thing, you can tell from the earliest episodes, the creature and alien fx are seriously lacking. It's weird to be a step down from fx done in 1983.

You're right, and you can tell how much they're cheaping out with the Marvel shows, which I think are worse than the SW ones. Even their movies are starting to see it. Some of the CGI in the recent Doctor Strange was really bad, especially the beginning fight in the streets of New York.

So sideshow has this on waitlist? I totally forgot to order it.

You've missed a fun couple of weeks.

They've been seemingly closing preorders on figures early. It started a while back, but the first wave of AOTC figures went to waitlist at around the same time not too long ago.

Long story short, there's a chance it's just a sales tactic by Sideshow to get people to preorder and they could be back. They are also probably producing fewer figures as a response to the piles of unsold figures currently sitting in warehouses.

Odds are decent this will be available again, maybe at release.

Was just remarking on this.

The accountants are in control, and they've noticed the fans have short attention spans and undiscerning appetites.

Why spend more when you can do it for less?

Profit from the kids that don't know better, the broken older dudes trying to feel something they half remember from their youth, the nerds whose entire personality is cobbled together out of corporate product, the general audiences that will forget what they saw in a couple of days?

Whoa, I sound like Victor and @Otomofan 's love child.

But I stand by what I wrote above.

Wonder if I should order a second one of these guys or wait and see if there’s a variant Battle Droid made. I’d like at least two Battle Droids total (don’t necessarily care if they’re the same type) and a Super Battle Droid.

Wonder if I should order a second one of these guys or wait and see if there’s a variant Battle Droid made. I’d like at least two Battle Droids total (don’t necessarily care if they’re the same type) and a Super Battle Droid.
You should order 9 additional, how else are you gonna be able to display your droid squad with shame?

Then if you buy a commander…….

You should order 9 additional, how else are you gonna be able to display your droid squad with shame?

Then if you buy a commander…….

When enabling, it’s better to start someone off with a more innocuous and seemingly harmless suggestion of just one more.

And when that person has two you say well, why not two more? They laugh it off but keep the store open as a tab in their browser.

Before you know it, they’ll have four. That’s definitely it they’ll say.

And then come back a month later with six.

FE2022B8-4D63-40AB-9BB2-3CA97A5F50BC.gif

Back