1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is definitely one of the best Clone figures made, amusingly more specifically when displayed in its less-advertised-technically-alternate form with the Phase 2 helmet.

Also amusing since the base Phase 2 Clone was not featured in ROTS or even widely in TCW and it wasn't really until TBB where they actually got time in the spotlight. But the figure just looks so right with the Phase 2 helmet.

The hash marks on the chest should be sculpted, but I'll give them a pass on the decals since it looks the part and the sculpted marks on the Sideshow Clones look a bit oversized.

It feels unlikely a new Phase 1 helmet would be made any time soon, and they would probably not be so generous as to include a bonus helmet in that capacity. It wouldn't help that much for anyone that's army built this figure too.

It's a shame, but I can live with it. At least we get a near perfect Phase 2 Clone with the imperfect Phase 1.
This I why I need another, I needed a phase 1 to go with Jango but the phase 2 looks so perfect.

Also amusing since the base Phase 2 Clone was not featured in ROTS or even widely in TCW and it wasn't really until TBB where they actually got time in the spotlight.
Yep, that’s why I’m actually planning to display him as a “bad guy” with hunter sometimes. Def gives off imperial clone trooper vibes with the show so fresh on the mind.

Yep, that’s why I’m actually planning to display him as a “bad guy” with hunter sometimes. Def gives off imperial clone trooper vibes with the show so fresh on the mind.

Yeah, originally I was going to display some as Phase 2 with TBB figures and the majority as Phase 1 with figures like TCW Anakin and Obi-Wan.

But with how good these look as Phase 2, I decided to reverse that.

17209784-18F1-494C-BF4F-BC0566869FC1.gif

is this guy on the 501st body or coruscant guard body?
I actually didn't know there was a difference but I am guessing the latest so 501st

Not that it’s a huge issue for the other Clone figures but the Coruscant Guard has the better body for posing with friction joints for the legs instead of ratcheted.

@Chamberlian has both so hopefully they can answer that when they have the chance.

Not that it’s a huge issue for the other Clone figures but the Coruscant Guard has the better body for posing with friction joints for the legs instead of ratcheted.

@Chamberlian has both so hopefully they can answer that when they have the chance.
After messing with all 3, it seems to be more like the Coruscant body from what I can tell.

After messing with all 3, it seems to be more like the Coruscant body from what I can tell.

Thanks for the confirmation. Good to hear that.

The jetpack is not compatible with the Clone Trooper. It does not have a magnet on its back.

Not surprising. Hot Toys doesn’t like to shell out for magnets in the first place. No way they’d spend the money on magnets for an accessory that’s not included with the figure. :lol

An easy mod if someone wants to do it at least. Or they can just use museum putty.

Kind of odd that Hot Toys didn’t do magnets considering they have with Clones previously. Ah well I probably wouldn’t display it with the jet pack anyways as there’s not a matching one (without painting one) and would rather use the backpack. My bigger issue is still securing one of these.

Kind of odd that Hot Toys didn’t do magnets considering they have with Clones previously. Ah well I probably wouldn’t display it with the jet pack anyways as there’s not a matching one (without painting one) and would rather use the backpack. My bigger issue is still securing one of these.

FC4D20C1-6AF4-4721-954C-1552A527CA16.gif

Doesn’t seem odd to me. :lol

Figure doesn’t come with an accessory that needs it. Cuts down on costs and not insignificantly.

wonder if you can just slide a magnet under the backplate then place the jet pack on..... no putty required

You definitely could. Easy mod, like I said. But museum putty is also very cheap and safe and everyone should have some for collectibles. Comes in handy.

No once you go to WL, you get one only and then you’re locked out unless they post more stock.
Tho I’m not sure if you had a successful PO of your can/can’t get on WL. I’d guess no.

got this guy in today and he’s even better than expected. for something so simple he looks surprisingly great.

never liked the phase 1 helmet on 501st, yet it works really well on this one. you can futz the shoulder / chest armor and the proportions work fine.

perfect dose of weathering too. matte and slightly dirty, not as filthy as rex (which is fitting) but doesn’t look like a plain white toy either.

got this guy in today and he’s even better than expected. for something so simple he looks surprisingly great.

never liked the phase 1 helmet on 501st, yet it works really well on this one. you can futz the shoulder / chest armor and the proportions work fine.

perfect dose of weathering too. matte and slightly dirty, not as filthy as rex (which is fitting) but doesn’t look like a plain white toy either.
So glad to hear this. Confirms all the great pics coming in too! Congrats freeze!

Back