1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on getting the figure in! Looks great.

I'm still partial to the 501st myself, but the base Phase 2 looks just about as perfect as a Clone Trooper figure could be.

The Phase 1 looks good overall too, but I'm so glad they included the Phase 2 helmet.

Would definitely get a second if you can. I think you'll have the opportunity to.
Thank you! I think like someone else noted here: the phase 1 doesn’t looks as oversized, most likely due to the shoulder armor being white unlike the 501st. My pics still don’t do it justice for how it looks in person. I’m getting battlefront 1 vibes.

Wonder if I should place an order with Pop Cultcha. Never ordered anything there before but I’ve heard decent things and they have it available.
I got the discounted Hot toys Rescue figure from them with no issues. There was a dent on the figure box but that can happen from anyone.

someone else

That would be me. :lol

But yes absolutely, the white shoulder bells balance out the size of the helmet. And the thick blue stripe on the 501st Phase 1 further detracts from it.

It's far from a perfect Phase 1 helmet but it's a decent enough representation of a base Phase 1 Clone.

But that Phase 2 is just amazing. Thanks for the comparisons with the other Clones!

If anyone needs a movie version rifle file to 3D print for their figure, I made one for free download: Printables
rots DC15A 3.jpg

Wonder if I should place an order with Pop Cultcha. Never ordered anything there before but I’ve heard decent things and they have it available.
They are ok. Packaging of parcel is amazing.

But they get their batches months and months after SS, similar to KGHOBBY. Communication is nonexistent due to giant backlog and understaffing. Quite annoying if you have issues.

When DS Anakin was released, mine got stuck somewhere between Victoria and Stockholm for three months. No funny story, but opened a claim here in Sweden and three days before closing of case I retrieved a customs invoice and was able to pick it up at a center. No issues with box whatsoever. This was February.

Is this only available in 20th year packaging? I'd prefer the shoebox.

I think that since HT fixed the stripes on Phase 2 bucket and added the = on the chest plate (and since there is no missing paint sections like there were on 501st) this trooper is one of the best looking, accurate and high quality ROTS clones in 1:6. Weapons and phase 1 helmet aside of course.

Still hope they fix the phase 1 helmet and weapons for any future AOTC clones though. Would be great if the included an accurate plain white phase 1 helmet in a future release as a bonus accessory to use on this figure.

I think that since HT fixed the stripes on Phase 2 bucket and added the = on the chest plate (and since there is no missing paint sections like there were on 501st) this trooper is one of the best looking, accurate and high quality ROTS clones in 1:6. Weapons and phase 1 helmet aside of course.

Still hope they fix the phase 1 helmet and weapons for any future AOTC clones though. Would be great if the included an accurate plain white phase 1 helmet in a future release as a bonus accessory to use on this figure.

It is definitely one of the best Clone figures made, amusingly more specifically when displayed in its less-advertised-technically-alternate form with the Phase 2 helmet.

Also amusing since the base Phase 2 Clone was not featured in ROTS or even widely in TCW and it wasn't really until TBB where they actually got time in the spotlight. But the figure just looks so right with the Phase 2 helmet.

The hash marks on the chest should be sculpted, but I'll give them a pass on the decals since it looks the part and the sculpted marks on the Sideshow Clones look a bit oversized.

It feels unlikely a new Phase 1 helmet would be made any time soon, and they would probably not be so generous as to include a bonus helmet in that capacity. It wouldn't help that much for anyone that's army built this figure too.

It's a shame, but I can live with it. At least we get a near perfect Phase 2 Clone with the imperfect Phase 1.

Back