1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT is completely 2nd tier now. InArt has taken the throne.
No argument from a quality perspective, but in terms of product lineups and volume it’s like comparing Rolls Royce to Mercedes Benz or BMW. Right now there’s very little crossover in terms of their customer bases, and on the few figures that do compete for the same buyers (The Batman, Ledger Joker, Pennywise) there’s still a price hit to go InArt. And that doesn’t even get into the licensing aspect of their products.

Hot Toys is fine. This is just a release that deserved to be so much better rather than giving us a B Team sculpt. :ohbfrank:

Especially for something that cost $400+ shipped.

This is very ok, not great but I don't think it's down right terrible. It's an improvement over the proto for sure; however, given the prices we're paying now, there really isn't room for just ok anything anymore, whether that's the sculpt, accessories or outfit. It all needs to be top notch. Overall quality and paintwork still shines on HT pieces, but they are starting to lose their lead.

Now, as someone said in another thread, HT definitely aren't going anywhere especially as long as they hold the Marvel and SW licenses. One can only hope they try to continue to improve as we seen in some more recent cases rather than slowly downgrade while charging premium prices like Star Ace and Sideshow (to a lesser extent).

My issue as well, with the way prices are going, their figures can't come out like this. I have a small Spidey display in the works and Doc won't be joining it, I can't justify the price, which is a shame as Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite Spidey movie.

That’s a bit of a stretch. Crowning a new king after two figures? Unless you want Joker or Gandalf, InArt isn’t even an option yet. Certainly not for Marvel characters.

Agreed, Inart needs to release more than 2 figures a year to even be in the conversation.

Spiderman 2 forever will be a marvel classic for me, like Superman the movie, Batman keaton, an official 1/6 Doc Oct is must have for me even it's not perfect.
The HS with glasses will do for display.

Still, the expression reminds me of an old friend when he tried hard to be half amused with my old boomer jokes.

I thought it looked pretty bad until I saw the original sculpt. It’s a huge improvement.

bxwV3y4.png

OH **** PETEERRRR DID I LEAVE THE STOVE ON!?

house-explosion.gif

Don't like the hair either. Lacks depth. Was his hair really that flat in the movie?

I hate to pile on but did mezco hire all of hot toys' artists and QA people? From the neck down this is fine but yeah, this headsculpt is not even 3rd party good. He is a bit derpy in the movie for the freeway scene but not this bad.

Back