1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's already an in-hand review up(not in English mind you) in case anyone's interested. Goofy expression aside, this figure will definitely have a helluva presence.

Just use auto-translate option in closed captions, it does a pretty good job.

I must be in the justification of purchase category, cause I think it’s looks ok, def like Otto.

Even if not meeting expectations for a actor for people, this is def one of those that meets the character to me

It does have some nice attributes but I don’t see a need to upgrade from my Toys Era Doc. I like the overall esthetic of this but I think the tentacles were done better by TE. You can twist them and shorten and lengthen them however you like. The HT arms seem a bit more limited in that respect. I wouldn’t mind picking up the headsculpt just as an extra option but overall I can’t see spending the money to upgrade.

Congrats to all who do like it and pick him up. There are some great details in this figure. If I didn’t already have the TE I’d be very tempted by this.
Really? It was nice having the ability to lengthen/shorten (although I never even did that), but Toys Era was way lower quality than this. The tentacles on HT have far more detail including the 3 cables running through the tentacles and the yellow paint, and in the video they look a lot easier to pose. The Toys Era tentacles really took some effort to pose and look good because if you did it wrong the individual tentacle sections sort of made it look like a lego set.

The body on Toys Era was horrendous, couldn't stand up and only looked good if you zipped up his coat. The clothes were extremely cheap feeling and looking, and the coat was way oversized. And the headsculpt looked really weird, way worse than this, if you didn't put his goggles on.

Really? It was nice having the ability to lengthen/shorten (although I never even did that), but Toys Era was way lower quality than this. The tentacles on HT have far more detail including the 3 cables running through the tentacles and the yellow paint, and in the video they look a lot easier to pose. The Toys Era tentacles really took some effort to pose and look good because if you did it wrong the individual tentacle sections sort of made it look like a lego set.

The body on Toys Era was horrendous, couldn't stand up and only looked good if you zipped up his coat. The clothes were extremely cheap feeling and looking, and the coat was way oversized. And the headsculpt looked really weird, way worse than this, if you didn't put his goggles on.
Agreed. The TE was fine for what it was, but it did look very third party with that wonky body and cartoonish sculpt. And it just wasn't something I could comfortably put alongside my HT figures.

There's already an in-hand review up(not in English mind you) in case anyone's interested. Goofy expression aside, this figure will definitely have a helluva presence.

The reviewer has stated that the updated headsculpt seems to reference his meeting with Tobey Spider-Man at the SOL fight, where he has a kinder, reminicising smile.

Doc-Ock-Alfred-Molina-Spider-Man-No-Way-Home.jpg

I do agree with the reviewer notion and also his further addendum that Dr Ock isn't known for his smiling like the Joker or Green Goblin so it's a bit of a weird choice to go with that.

It's still better than the initial prototype.

So when will Sideshow be getting their shipment of this guy in?
I gotta budget as I wasn't expecting Ock this soon after that "Nov-Jan delay". lol

This is very ok, not great but I don't think it's down right terrible. It's an improvement over the proto for sure; however, given the prices we're paying now, there really isn't room for just ok anything anymore, whether that's the sculpt, accessories or outfit. It all needs to be top notch. Overall quality and paintwork still shines on HT pieces, but they are starting to lose their lead.

Now, as someone said in another thread, HT definitely aren't going anywhere especially as long as they hold the Marvel and SW licenses. One can only hope they try to continue to improve as we seen in some more recent cases rather than slowly downgrade while charging premium prices like Star Ace and Sideshow (to a lesser extent).

Back