1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like some have said, slightly better.

Aside from the goofy expression HT really missed the mark on the shape of his face. It’s way too squat. He has a longer face and I think that’s what really throws it off for me. Maybe it’ll look decent on the shelf with the glasses always on.

I think it's a good headsculpt. It's just that the expression is too neutral and not menacing enough, as if Hot Toys chose to portray him when he's freed from the evil AI chip, and not in villain mode. The Toys Era version at least had a pissed off look. Still, I think it's an upgrade worth getting if your a Spider-man fan.

Last edited:
Still no good. The hair looks different so they might've changed the face too, but whatever they did wasn't enough. Shame. I thought for sure they'd fix it. Guess they got enough preorders not to bother.

I think it would have been miles better if they didn’t pick such a ridiculous and ugly expression. What the hell is he doing with his mouth? What is that expression suppose to be? So frustrating because having a Molina Doc Ock feels like a must.

Looks like they were just going for this:

l-intro-1629817758.jpg

But the combination with the hair they went with makes him look goofier.

Will they ever make a version specific to Spider-Man 2 I wonder.

Looks like they were just going for this:

View attachment 660558

But the combination with the hair they went with makes him look goofier.
I just don't get it. He pulls that face once in the movie -- albeit it's the first shot of him in the trailer -- and Hot Toys thinks that's the moment fans want immortalized on their shelf? It's not even that on-brand for the character. The face they chose for Dafoe is so much better and works for fans of NWH and the Raimi films alike.

I think it's a good headsculpt. It's just that the expression is too neutral and not menacing enough, as if Hot Toys chose to portray him when he's freed from the evil AI chip, and not in villain mode. The Toys Era version at least had a pissed off look. Still, I think it's an upgrade worth getting if your a Spider-man fan.
Well, he does spend most of No Way Home as a nice guy. He was only Evil Ock in that first scene on the Bridge and then some little bits where he's being controlled by Peter before he removes the chip.

Good lord..

dXlwrns.png
I don't get all the hate, definitley looks like Alfred Molina there. And he smiles a lot in SM2 and No Way Home. Definitely an improvement over the prototype, which looked like Elton John. Not the greatest headsculpt, but not a bad one either

I just don't get it. He pulls that face once in the movie -- albeit it's the first shot of him in the trailer -- and Hot Toys thinks that's the moment fans want immortalized on their shelf? It's not even that on-brand for the character. The face they chose for Dafoe is so much better and works for fans of NWH and the Raimi films alike.
I'd be curious if Hot Toys was solely responsible for choosing that expression, or did Molina and the studio have the final say. I actually think the Defoe head has the same issue, not enough of a furrowed brow to show evil intent.

It does have some nice attributes but I don’t see a need to upgrade from my Toys Era Doc. I like the overall esthetic of this but I think the tentacles were done better by TE. You can twist them and shorten and lengthen them however you like. The HT arms seem a bit more limited in that respect. I wouldn’t mind picking up the headsculpt just as an extra option but overall I can’t see spending the money to upgrade.

Congrats to all who do like it and pick him up. There are some great details in this figure. If I didn’t already have the TE I’d be very tempted by this.

I don't get all the hate, definitley looks like Alfred Molina there. And he smiles a lot in SM2 and No Way Home. Definitely an improvement over the prototype, which looked like Elton John. Not the greatest headsculpt, but not a bad one either
Yup doing a quick google search brings up a ton of shots of him smiling. But it still doesn't seem like the most ideal expression for a Doc Ock figure, and comes across a bit goofier than HT was probably intending.

It's not quite a dealbreaker for me though, and I'll still be keeping my order as the figure does looks impressive and I sold off the Toys Era a while ago.

Yup doing a quick google search brings up a ton of shots of him smiling. But it still doesn't seem like the most ideal expression for a Doc Ock figure, and comes across a bit goofier than HT was probably intending.

It's not quite a dealbreaker for me though, and I'll still be keeping my order as the figure does looks impressive and I sold off the Toys Era a while ago.
Agreed. If they had his eyes a bit more menacing with the smile it would have gone a long way to improve the expression. Perhaps if you keep the glasses on and tilt his head forward in that evil smiling stare position it would look better. But full on straight he just looks like he’s happy riding a roller coaster.

It does have some nice attributes but I don’t see a need to upgrade from my Toys Era Doc. I like the overall esthetic of this but I think the tentacles were done better by TE. You can twist them and shorten and lengthen them however you like. The HT arms seem a bit more limited in that respect. I wouldn’t mind picking up the headsculpt just as an extra option but overall I can’t see spending the money to upgrade.

Congrats to all who do like it and pick him up. There are some great details in this figure. If I didn’t already have the TE I’d be very tempted by this.
The TE tentacles definitely allow for more flexibility but I think I prefer these as they have a nice clean profile due to the three cables threaded through the corners of the triangular segments. No matter how much I futz the TE tentacles I can't get them to look quite as good. I have a feeling my Doc Ock will end up being a TE/HT hybrid - TE sculpt on the HT figure.

Back