1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually really liked my Doc 1/6 scale figure. I received the deluxe version and despite the radiation case being cardboard and Doc's expression being the same as the 2015 version, I think it will be a perfect addition to my collection.
:clap What matters most is what you think and that you're happy. Collecting is so subjective.

Got my bald sculpt today, amazing likeness!
PXL_20230104_101532311.jpg

I'm actually on the fence between selling the part 1 set and keeping part 2.

I don't feel the need to have a version of each, actually feel part 2 has more shelf presence. I agree this figure when arrived didn't have the wow factor I thought it would. 🤦

I'm actually on the fence between selling the part 1 set and keeping part 2.

I don't feel the need to have a version of each, actually feel part 2 has more shelf presence. I agree this figure when arrived didn't have the wow factor I thought it would. 🤦
You've got the Dean sculpt though. Have you arranged a painter and someone to hair it?

Got my Doc. Well, actually he came last week. I honestly have been so disappointed with in hand photos, I haven't even opened him yet. But he is still an essential accessory for Marty and the Delorean. I can't be chasing around after $1500 customs...

Well I'm sure there will be much better paintups to come, but here's my attempt so far before I start rooting the hair.

It does appear that the Dean sculpt is a bit smaller than the HT head, but thankfully it still works perfectly well on the figure. Although I also discovered that it sits a bit high so I'll need to either shorten the neck or the neck adapter it sits on. So just a warning to everyone that you may want to correct that first before sending the head off to be painted.

20230109_18065gg6 (3).jpg

20230109_181808 (2).jpg

Great work! It's kind of insane how much more I see Christopher Lloyd in that bottom comparison shot to Hot Toy's sculpt.

Sending my sculpt out next month to get it painted. Excited to see how your sculpt looks fully rooted!

Considering how quickly this went from 3D sculpt to physical print, to painted, and that it blows HT out of the water, speaks volumes.

Well I'm sure there will be much better paintups to come, but here's my attempt so far before I start rooting the hair.

It does appear that the Dean sculpt is a bit smaller than the HT head, but thankfully it still works perfectly well on the figure. Although I also discovered that it sits a bit high so I'll need to either shorten the neck or the neck adapter it sits on. So just a warning to everyone that you may want to correct that first before sending the head off to be painted.

View attachment 617253
View attachment 617254
Hopefully Dean will address those minor issues in later versions. It's one of the reasons I held off - seeing what they turned out like (that and finances/not having the figure yet).

You've done a fantastic job. I'd love to try painting a sculpt, but getting the eyes done right has always put me off.

Looks like you'll be the first with an upgraded figure to show :clap

Back