1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah think I still need to do a bit more work on the eyes. His are a dark brown, but I probably made them a little too dark here.
I did once see someone making eye decals, but Star Ace used them on their figures and they look blinkin' terrible.

This is the downside of buying from KGHobby; other collectors receive their figures, identify issues, custom heads are sculpted, printed, shipped, painted and haired all before mine even becomes available.

Hopefully Dean will address those minor issues in later versions. It's one of the reasons I held off - seeing what they turned out like (that and finances/not having the figure yet).
Exactly!
We have to tell Dean to fix it, it's not up to us to modify the neck especially when we send the HS to the painter, often we don't send the body with it, so the painter can't do tests on the figure.
I thought that this HS was made to measure for Doc, it is not really the case it is disappointing

I found this repaint too

That paint is not a patch on yours, Davejames.

The painter I was thinking of using now charges £400 ($485) and a 12-month waitlist, so I'm going to give that a hard pass and keep looking.

Exactly!
We have to tell Dean to fix it, it's not up to us to modify the neck especially when we send the HS to the painter, often we don't send the body with it, so the painter can't do tests on the figure.
I thought that this HS was made to measure for Doc, it is not really the case it is disappointing

I found this repaint too
Did they send that to Sideshow in 2003 to paint?

Well I'm sure there will be much better paintups to come, but here's my attempt so far before I start rooting the hair.

It does appear that the Dean sculpt is a bit smaller than the HT head, but thankfully it still works perfectly well on the figure. Although I also discovered that it sits a bit high so I'll need to either shorten the neck or the neck adapter it sits on. So just a warning to everyone that you may want to correct that first before sending the head off to be painted.

View attachment 617253
View attachment 617254
Looks great :clap, I will pm you and send you my address once you've done the hair. :exactly::lol

This is the downside of buying from KGHobby; other collectors receive their figures, identify issues, custom heads are sculpted, printed, shipped, painted and haired all before mine even becomes available.
Yep, I feel your pain, Hurry up KG! What with the postal service being up the wall in the UK, probably wont receive my Doc till this Christmas. :tapSomething has been sitting in a postal depot since the 4th, it only took 2 days to get from HK to UK and now it has not moved for over a week, this country! :angryfist:

Yep, I feel your pain, Hurry up KG! What with the postal service being up the wall in the UK, probably wont receive my Doc till this Christmas. :tapSomething has been sitting in a postal depot since the 4th, it only took 2 days to get from HK to UK and now it has not moved for over a week, this country! :angryfist:
I’ve been having the slowest conversation in history about a minor tweak to the invoice with KG. 10 days and counting.., Glad I’m not in a hurry for shocked Sideshow 2002 Doc.

By my count Kghobby are at least 24 figures overdue. That’s a worry.

I’ve been having the slowest conversation in history about a minor tweak to the invoice with KG. 10 days and counting.., Glad I’m not in a hurry for shocked Sideshow 2002 Doc.
I’m all too familiar with those conversations with the KG Facebook rep.
You ask a question, 3-4 days later they respond with a question, you answer, another day passes, they provide some options, you want to understand these options better so need to ask another question- but it’s the end of the week now, so you’re gonna be waiting another 3 days for a response… such fun.

By my count Kghobby are at least 24 figures overdue. That’s a worry.
They have said that a few will be shipping before and just after CNY so that should bring them a little more up to date…
1A8215FB-09AC-4261-B169-E436D1744064.jpeg

Still no word on the Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike though which is very annoying.
It was totally bearable back when it used to just be a 2-3 month wait for figures after they release in China. 6 months+ is becoming the new norm for a lot of HTs.

I'm interested to see, in the age of InArt, how much longer HT sticks to their disgusting, blocky, bland, intrusive basic stands before permanently switching to the clear acrylic rod as standard.
They pretty much never show promo photos with the crotch grabber support in use because they know it looks awful. Take the leap, HT!

Great, my figures all have movable eyes and usb powered lightsabers now but why is there still a lamppost stuck between their legs?!

Last edited:
Back