1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks a lot better. Send in current in hand sculpt for repaint?
I'd assume they'd recast and paint in bulk, likely making them sub $100. Maybe even a lot cheaper than that, depending on quantity. Sending in one sculpt for someone to repaint would be $150+ in most cases. Might be able to find someone cheaper, but quality would drop. The quality of these isn't great either - especially those eyes.

For the price a new sculpt or even 2 would be nice. I am all about giving people choices. Hot Toys should always do stoic and expressive sculpt. Just seems logical for the price points.

Sorry forgot to attach this picture I do think it needs more age. Definitely an improvement.

But I also hear you guys.

received_1574673936278714.jpeg

received_579738073965276.jpeg

Yeah, definitely an improvement. If it was crazy cheap, I'd buy it as another option. A good shout for anyone who has Doc BTTF II. The first one you posted had more wrinkles visible under the eyes, but they do need to work on the eyes themselves though.

I like the fact he used flesh-toned resin. Means the painter can be a little less heavy handed.

My problem with custom sculpts is most of the time you pay for the sculpt itself and then however much more additional to get it painted. Just adds up quickly. On top of that I find results super mixed. Some customs look great whereas others you can tell aren’t quite up to par.

Wouldn't mind seeing a 1955 Doc figure being made. Im thinking this
oeR8vGF.jpg

Or maybe ...
TDU7bmi.jpg

I kind of see a bit more of a resemblance here to the HT Doc sculpt. Maybe they got their reference material mixed up.:unsure:
I shouldn't be encouraging HT to re-use their doc sculpt again though. :exactly:

Last edited:
I kind of see a bit more of a resemblance here to the HT Doc sculpt. Maybe they got their reference material mixed up.:unsure:
I mean, BTT2 Doc, and 1955 Doc, are just Chris Lloyd without any old age makeup, so essentially that sculpt was more appropriate to recycle for a 1955 Doc than it was for 1984 Doc.

Back