1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about part 3 sculpt guys? Would you say it is an improvement on the previous (and current) release?

View attachment 613384
6QDJis5xumSxqYyFFNQAUh-1200-80.jpg

Joke! Personally, I think it's a much better sculpt, but for PT3 only. There's no way in hell I'm falling for another pre-order from Hot Toys until I see in-hand production figures. At one point, they even displayed a 55 Doc with the same terrible sculpt as the others.

I'm happy to see they gave us a new sculpt for Part 3, but I still see more Jeremy Irons in it than Christopher Lloyd, and it doesn't capture the character all that well.
Right. that's it. I'm muting you because now I can't unsee Jeremy Irons in that sculpt.

As HAL would say, "See you, Dave."

Part 3 is easily the best but that’s no saying a lot. There is at least a bit of a likeness in the face but it still suffers from that god awful hair. As said before not being able to take the hat off seems a cheap move as well.

Part 3 is easily the best but that’s no saying a lot. There is at least a bit of a likeness in the face but it still suffers from that god awful hair. As said before not being able to take the hat off seems a cheap move as well.
Why? Hides some of the face. Hot Toys = smart.

If I was in the US, I'd 100% buy that Dean sculpt. It's great, but as I said before: I can't justify the high-priced shipping and VAT at the moment. May revisit it next year at some point.

I'm in talks with another artist who will sell me the 3D file so I can print my own. My job involves working with artists every day, so I have zero interest in screwing him over and selling the files or prints.

Yeah I finally decided on ordering a bald sculpt for mine. As much as I like Dean's hair sculpt, Doc's got such wild, frizzy hair in the movie that I think it could only truly be replicated with rooted hair. And plus I was already planning to root my Part 2 sculpt so wanted to be consistent with that.

backtothefuture-movie-screencaps.com-2800_1_1.jpg

That Dean sculpt looks great! Can’t tell if it looks a touch small, or if it’s an illusion because of how big that hazmat suit looks. Would be great to see it next to the HT for size.

Wonder if there’s a way for those of us that might be interested to get in on a group paint-up commission? Might lessen the cost a bit getting it painted up.

I’d be interested in a group paint commission.

That Dean sculpt looks great! Can’t tell if it looks a touch small, or if it’s an illusion because of how big that hazmat suit looks. Would be great to see it next to the HT for size.

Wonder if there’s a way for those of us that might be interested to get in on a group paint-up commission? Might lessen the cost a bit getting it painted up.
These are Dean's pictures from his Facebook page:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 00.07.21.png

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 00.07.29.png

If I could send the sculpt directly from Dean to the painter, I could be up for a group paint.

Back