1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any ideas of who might be a great painter at a decent cost that would be willing to take on a group paint-up opportunity?

Anyone have any ideas of who might be a great painter at a decent cost that would be willing to take on a group paint-up opportunity?
That's going to be key. Some of the popular painters people often like/mention are heavy-handed, IMO.

We may have to arrange something in Asia, because there's some incredible painters there. I'm not sure if Jnix Shin would be up for painting something he hasn't sculpted, but worth a shot. He's great at both.

Here's a few somone could research:

alessio.salitore_painter on instagram
357partment

Or my fav' is:
yelim.painter on Instagram - she's incredible.
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 16.05.15.png

And https://www.instagram.com/freeman__feng/?hl=en does incredible work with hairing etc. I mean, look at this:
Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 16.03.02.png

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 15.58.48.png

Last edited:
Hot toys should've given a new sculpt. This seems like a cash move. I actually think we need 2 heads each Figure. Stoic and expressive heads for all hot toys.

I actually have an extra head. Will probably make a Suburban Commando figure.

I have part 2 Doc bit missing glasses and black wrist watch. Anyone know of any place I cam get those 2 pieces.

I actually put it together for years with hot toys pieces. Just missing the last 2 mentioned above.

What pushed HT to eventually offer a free replacement for that Tony Stank head?
People in Hong Kong complaining and cancelling their orders at Secret Base. The only way Hot Toys gives a damn since international comments and complaints doesn't mean **** to them.

Hot toys should've given a new sculpt. This seems like a cash move. I actually think we need 2 heads each Figure. Stoic and expressive heads for all hot toys.

I actually have an extra head. Will probably make a Suburban Commando figure.
Two heads would be amazing per figure but do we really want to absorb that extra cost and an extra year of waiting. I think for the most part they do the right thing in being selective about it.

Received my Doc today and I have to say, even with the reused sculpt this is still a pretty darn cool figure that hits all the right nostalgia buttons for me, what with the outfit and all the different tools and accessories he comes with. And just the fact that I finally have a Part 1 Doc after all this time.

Last edited:
Received my Doc today and I have to say, even with the reused sculpt this is still a pretty darn cool figure that hits all the right nostalgia buttons for me, what with the outfit and all the different tools and accessories he comes with. And just the fact that I finally have a Part 1 Doc.
Yeah, it seems like a missed opportunity from HT. The rad suit looks like it can be futzed pretty good, all his accessories are cool looking and nicely done for sure, ok the Plu box is part cardboard which certainly is not cool. It sure is a fig a lot of us have been asking for many years. Why we couldn't get a new sculpt only HT will know? Using a sculpt from a fig released in 2016 is just plain lazy.
First think I will do when I get the fig is fill in the gaps in the sculpt, maybe paint the hair whiter to.

I think HT mentality is the BTTF figures are accessory driven and not head sculpt driven. These figures naturally have a lot of accessories based on the films and Fox and Lloyd don’t have the draw of actors like Robert Downey Jr, ScarJo, Dwayne Johnson or Mark Hamill.

The sculptor, Woo Chul Ji also did the first couple of Stan Lee figures which are really good so hard to say why this sculpt is so disappointing.

I think HT mentality is the BTTF figures are accessory driven and not head sculpt driven. These figures naturally have a lot of accessories based on the films and Fox and Lloyd don’t have the draw of actors like Robert Downey Jr, ScarJo, Dwayne Johnson or Mark Hamill.

The sculptor, Woo Chul Ji also did the first couple of Stan Lee figures which are really good so hard to say why this sculpt is so disappointing.
Yeah those HT Stan Lee sculpts are really amazing. Some of their best work.

Just paid for my Doc through Alter Ego tonight. Should get it soon. I’d potentially be interested in an alternate sculpt if anything comes together on that front.

Back