1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what this guy's beef is, man. I've changed my mind. P2 Doc is same as P1. These look absolutely identical.

Untitled.png

Hot Toys knocked it out of the park :clap

Tbh I think they are trolling at this point.
It's not even newly painted as they described. 🤦

Pleather belt and pouch, cardboard box and a reused sculpt with a bumped up price tag.
Interesting as Justin said it was more vinyl/rubber like the DX13 jacket. Hmmm guess I'll have to see for myself

I tried explaining this to younger/newer collectors on FB awhile back. Companies don't stay at the top when they become complacent. Happened to McFarlane in the late 2000s. It'll happen to HT. You only stay the champ if you are hungry for it.
I totally agree but I don't see it happening yet, not anytime soon at least. They're just so much ahead of the curve whether it's production or licensing, almost like a monopoly

I totally agree but I don't see it happening yet, not anytime soon at least. They're just so much ahead of the curve whether it's production or licensing, almost like a monopoly
I give them 10 years tops. That may be too generous. Especially with how InArt appears very hungry. But HT has the licenses. It would take a lot for them to lose those.

I give them 10 years tops. That may be too generous. Especially with how InArt appears very hungry. But HT has the licenses. It would take a lot for them to lose those.
Man, Inart is like when you go to a fancy restaurant, you hear about how amazing it is from your friends, you go and stand in a queue for seven hours, you see the amazing food other people are eating, the menu is astonishing, and then you order.

Man, Inart is like when you go to a fancy restaurant, you hear about how amazing it is from your friends, you go and stand in a queue for seven hours, you see the amazing food other people are eating, the menu is astonishing, and then you order.
I just hope they deliver the quality in 1:6. Their past products have been amazing so the bar is set high.

As long as there's a decent Doc head replacement, I'm not too fussed. I might send the original head back to HT with a note. ' You sent me this head when I received my PT II Doc figure back in 2016, somehow the same sculpt was in my PT I fig?' :p

Doc brown with rooted hair, pers, magnetic road base, leather belt.

I'd be on that not like Hot toys has exactly treated their license with much care.
Agreed, also wouldn’t mind for another Marty with different headsculpts. Neca has shown that there are many variants possibel.
However this is all wishful thinking as long as they don’t announce anything. Since there are not even any rumors this will
most likely not happen any time soon (if at all).

Absolutely.

Just realized there is a Trevor Part 2 Marty painted by SilentSurfer available for sale. I cannot post links or pics, for whatever weird reason (thanks iPhone), but you can find it at the custom board in the sale section. The paint shows how strong this sculpt was even back than. I almost consider to buy it, just to habe it. :lol

Absolutely.

Just realized there is a Trevor Part 2 Marty painted by SilentSurfer available for sale. I cannot post links or pics, for whatever weird reason (thanks iPhone), but you can find it at the custom board in the sale section. The paint shows how strong this sculpt was even back than. I almost consider to buy it, just to habe it. :lol
That's, erm . . . Hmm.

Back