1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They use a variety of shapes now for different ranges, and even within the same range the tops can either be sculpted or flat with a printed pattern.

When I started buying HT with the DX01 Joker it was generally the black ovals, unless it was fully sculpted like the Classic Predator or Iron Man Mk I.

I still buy the black ovals for figures that don't come with bases, or figures I put together.
Actually I'm not sure what I was thinking - the only figures I've bought the past few years from Hot Toys have been Marvel and I know that none of them come with the oval stands nor do probably most of the Marvel output. Dunno about Star Wars, I don't pay much attention to those.

Actually I'm not sure what I was thinking - the only figures I've bought the past few years from Hot Toys have been Marvel and I know that none of them come with the oval stands nor do probably most of the Marvel output. Dunno about Star Wars, I don't pay much attention to those.
I can't recall the last HT figure that came with a regular oval stand, it was pretty much discontinued years ago, which bums me out because all of the new stand designs takes up so much space and makes figures look taller than they should.

Come to think of it, I'm probably one of the few persons stupid enough to go out of my way and actually buy third party oval stands for my newer figures. :slap

At least he doesn't come with the sand one, or the stand with the tree stump on it... 😛

More photos from the magazine:

db.jpg
db2.jpg
db3.jpg

Einstein looks like he's wearing an Einstein rubber mask with that neckline seam but wow these look ****ing awesome together. That is quite a collection of accessories for Doc.

The Marty sculpt looks much better at the 3/4 angle and from lower angles inside the magazine than head-on on the cover. The Marty V.1 sculpt had a similar "good angles" and "bad angles" thing going.

I assume they will wait to reveal the Delorean.

It's so awesome to see these. Maybe it's because I read MJF's latest book over last Christmas.

Einstein looks like he's wearing an Einstein rubber mask with that neckline seam...

:lol

HT really struggle with animals for some reason. It would've been better to sculpt him as a statue rather than try to cross over into action figure territory.

The edge of the joint looks like he's melting in hot weather.

:lol

HT really struggle with animals for some reason. It would've been better to sculpt him as a statue rather than try to cross over into action figure territory.

The edge of the joint looks like he's melting in hot weather.
Yep the neck looks bloody terrible. They really screwed the pooch on this one !!

Is there one more page with them standing in front of the DeLorean ??? :pray::pray::pray::pray:

The magazine does go on with further pages, but I think it's just a look back at the older releases and smaller scales:

239639386_10224408655262634_4619313247731945325_n.jpg
:

The date on these is February 2016:

240649168_4813313368698541_4647078980031485_n.jpg
240665856_4813313118698566_7224748544668391661_n (1).jpg

Another shot of Marty and Einstein:

236565341_10159168700360180_8755983356534984697_n.jpg

Last edited:
These two look fantastic together, even without the DeLorean. But definitely a requirement for a display...
Yeah it's like the Delorean is a third character. Without it, the film would be no where near as cool...

If they're going to re-do the Tumbler, then surely the DeLorean....possibly saving for the actual opening event in Japan ?

These two look fantastic together, even without the DeLorean. But definitely a requirement for a display...

I remember getting Marty in 2016 with the full acceptance that I probably won't be able to find nor afford the Delorean and for 5 years that was pretty much the case. Fortunately Doc and Marty are exceptional enough as display pieces without the car as you don't really see a teenager and a middle-aged man that don't wield some kind of firearm or swords that often in this hobby. :lol

Yeah it's like the Delorean is a third character. Without it, the film would be no where near as cool...

If they're going to re-do the Tumbler, then surely the DeLorean....possibly saving for the actual opening event in Japan ?

It's possible that licensing with the Delorean Motor Company might be an issue, it;s not like the Batmobile where it's a proprietary vehicle.

No surprise if Einstein comes with Marty and not Doc. HT know a lot of collectors already have a part 1 Marty and will just get radiation suit Doc. Now they are forcing those collectors to get the new Marty if they want Einstein.

They even issued two of the Leto Joker's with the wrong head forcing you to get both and switch them over.

I'm hoping the head is just a place holder for Doc but just wishful thinking really.

Watch them drop both of these and not the DeLorean. It would be such a HT thing to do :devil

Somewhere out there Bespin Han was tooling around in the car and ran out of plutonium in 1955 and he has no idea who Doc Brown is...

No surprise if Einstein comes with Marty and not Doc. HT know a lot of collectors already have a part 1 Marty and will just get radiation suit Doc. Now they are forcing those collectors to get the new Marty if they want Einstein.

They even issued two of the Leto Joker's with the wrong head forcing you to get both and switch them over.

I'm hoping the head is just a place holder for Doc but just wishful thinking really.
Yeah, what they did with Einstein is bs. I get why, but it’s irritating for those of us who have the first Marty. At this point I’m getting Doc for sure. Marty is a “we’ll see” currently.

The oval display stand is a puzzling move with this figure too. I can’t remember the last Hot Toys figure I bought that came with that type of stand. Even the Marty and Doc figures from the second film already got the newer style.

Its almost like Hot Toys sat on this figure for a long time, and didn’t mass produce it or something.

Back