1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sculpt makes me think of Doc’s line “a shoddy bomb casing full of used pinball machine parts!”

On the positive the costuming looks great with the multiple layers and the detail in his pocket. Hopefully the remote control antenna will be accurate ie ridiculously long. And yes it would be nice to get things like the clipboard, the control watches, the plutonium box, his revolver etc. Don’t forget the BTTF2 version was pretty stacked with accessories.

I actually think the sculpt suits this figure slightly more than the 2015 version. Still not my favorite sculpt, but just to get this version of Doc is a win in my book.

db.jpg

No second sculpt included but at least he comes with the case.

Really ****** of Hot Toys to tie Einstein to their reissued Marty but not surprised they pull something like that. Not too tempted by it though since they can't sculpt a good looking animal to save their lives.

240597184_6080005292072403_6293176380494491805_n.jpg

I'm really glad they are reissuing it and given it a tweak from the original. I genreally felt pretty dumb having marty but no doc from part 1 so! Man that's awesome! 😃
I got the Pt II Doc as my BTFF1 display as technically he did appeared at the end of the film lol.

What do you guys mean by 'retro' stand. Isn't that just a regular crotch grabber stand?

It's the old style Hot Toys black oval base.

"Not as clumsy or random as Hot Toys' current assortment. An elegant base for a more civilized age."

It's the old style Hot Toys black oval base.

"Not as clumsy or random as Hot Toys' current assortment. An elegant base for a more civilized age."

I don't buy many Hot Toys anymore, I assumed they were still very much standard.

I don't buy many Hot Toys anymore, I assumed they were still very much standard.

They use a variety of shapes now for different ranges, and even within the same range the tops can either be sculpted or flat with a printed pattern.

When I started buying HT with the DX01 Joker it was generally the black ovals, unless it was fully sculpted like the Classic Predator or Iron Man Mk I.

I still buy the black ovals for figures that don't come with bases, or figures I put together.

Back