1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah! I passed on the BBTF 2 version but will get this in a heartbeat.

The NECA sculpts are definitely better.

Still, at least now (assuming they do indeed release) people can have matching Marty and Doc from Part 1.
I think Trevor Grove did some of the NECA sculpts, at least for Marty. So. . .you know.

The NECA Marty sculpts on the other hand aren’t great in my opinion. They’ve grown on me, but the Doc figures they’ve done are better. Biff is good to.

I'm pretty certain Trevor did all the BttF sculpts for NECA ... he's doing nearly all their heads in the first place, Alien, Ace Ventura, Nada, Halloween, etc.

There's some sort of karmic irony that he left 1/6, to do 1/12 for NECA, and we finally got BttF figures, and most of the sculpts didn't turn out that great, except Doc ... which is the one sculpt that HT really dropped the ball on.

And of course, he won't do customs anymore thanks to the wonderful recasters out there. So, we have to settle. . .I do have a pretty awesome Rocco/Sculptor sculpt of Doc that I picked up many years ago. But it's probably too large.

Where can Inigo be found nowadays? Facebook? The custom one-sixth forum?
You can follow his personal Facebook account. He doesn't seem to be accepting new friends so it's kind of hard to stay up to date aside from manually checking his page. He showed off the Marty sculpt earlier this month.

https://www.facebook.com/inigo.gil.52
874hdiy.png

235884451_10227173102052868_8220588925274775366_n.jpg

I kind of wish that instead of a straight-up reissue of Marty that we could have gotten him in his radiation suit to go with this Doc.

Reusing the head is kind of lazy, but maybe this is just a photo of a prototype/placeholder for that magazine to be released? I mean... has Hot Toys reuse the same head sculpt for different figures? I thought they always change at least something....

HT and reused headsculpts are pretty synonymous. They even reused a sculpt that's 10+ years old.

Reusing the head is kind of lazy, but maybe this is just a photo of a prototype/placeholder for that magazine to be released? I mean... has Hot Toys reuse the same head sculpt for different figures? I thought they always change at least something....
Oh to be new to Hot Toy's ******** practices lol They just recently reissued a 10+ year old figure without changing anything but the boots and belt. Expect minimum effort when it comes to Hot Toys.

Back