1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Doc sculpt needs a repaint at the very least. The part II Doc HT released, was Doc based on his appearance after going to the rejuvenation clinic, so Doc looked younger. The 1985 Doc from part I looked a lot older.

Its strange they updated the Marty sculpt but not the Doc one, especially considering the new HT Marty is basically a rehash of the first HT Marty fig, whereas the old Doc fig is from part II & the new Doc fig is from part I.

Last edited:
I wonder why Hot Toys is revisiting these years later. Not that I’m complaining, but it’s a tad odd to me. I know they don’t typically follow anniversaries, but last year was the 35th.

Is it all the other Back to the Future merchandise, and they realize they’re losing sales? Maybe the third party knock-off of their original Marty figure?

I wonder why Hot Toys is revisiting these years later. Not that I’m complaining, but it’s a tad odd to me. I know they don’t typically follow anniversaries, but last year was the 35th.

Is it all the other Back to the Future merchandise, and they realize they’re losing sales? Maybe the third party knock-off of their original Marty figure?
I wonder how much if any attention they pay to NECA....

I wonder how much if any attention they pay to NECA....
Kinda my thoughts too. Not that NECA is direct competition, but they’ve done a ton of BTTF figures in comparison. I wonder if they realize they’re missing out on opportunities.

What I find strange is that with the huge backlog of pre-orders, some with expected delivery dates over "2 years" from the time they went on pre-order, that they would do these revisits.

I can only assume that their license is expiring and they either want one last bite of it or by releasing "something", the license stays active?

The Doc sculpt needs a repaint at the very least. The part II Doc HT released, was Doc based on his appearance after going to the rejuvenation clinic, so Doc looked younger. The 1985 Doc from part I looked a lot older.

Its strange they updated the Marty sculpt but not the Doc one, especially considering the new HT Marty is basically a rehash of the first HT Marty fig, whereas the old Doc fig is from part II & the new Doc fig is from part I.

Especially when you consider that the Marty sculpt they replaced was a much better sculpt than their Doc, and the new v2 Marty is inferior to the v1 :slap

Whiplash?
Batman Begins. Reissue of a figure from 2010 with no improvements aside from them throwing in the DX12 boots and belt lol They even took away his grappling gun in this new release.

batman__gallery_606220c19c348.jpg

Ah, of course. I was even one of the chief complainers in that thread. An insulting figure if it gets released like that.

Don't love that BTTF2 head but don't hate it either. I'm just sooo glad to see a BTTF1 outfit Doc (and remote controller - woohoo!) and a Marty "re-issue" (with new-but-not head) so I can go "back in time" to when I should have bought HT BTTF figs at a regular retail price.

I kinda figured Einstein meant a Mall parking lot Doc was coming, but glad to see it actually here.

Now about that car reissue..................:impatient:

I am so happy thay are doing the part 1 Doc and so unhappy that they are reusing the horrible part 2 Doc. Maybe the head is a placeholder? No, it's just easy and lazy and cheap. These figures are so damn expensive, they coould at least give us a new HS.
And Einstein ... Jesus, Hot toys, it looks like something from a Happy Meal. You can do better, and if you cannot, just don't. Let a third part company make that money.

Happy and frustrated at the same time....hapstrated.
I held off from the BTTF2 Doc mainly because of that expression. Not "Sideshow Beetlejuice" bad, just not a great look for him.

I am so happy thay are doing the part 1 Doc and so unhappy that they are reusing the horrible part 2 Doc. Maybe the head is a placeholder? No, it's just easy and lazy and cheap. These figures are so damn expensive, they coould at least give us a new HS.
And Einstein ... Jesus, Hot toys, it looks like something from a Happy Meal. You can do better, and if you cannot, just don't. Let a third part company make that money.

I'm hoping the Doc sculpt is a placeholder like you said but I'm pessimistic - Hot Toys will probably repurpose the old BTTF2 sculpt.

IIRC, Hot Toys initially showcased the Golden Armor WW84 figure with an older Gal Gadot sculpt (Justice League?) but they later created a new sculpt, which was much better.

I wonder what accessories Doc will come with (i.e. plutonium case, etc.)

Was tempted to get some of the custom Docs out there but I'll hold off a little longer and see the final Hot Toys product.

I think it's more to do with them knowing what their sales are and how they likely are making 2-3x or 5x maybe as many figures as they did 5-6 years ago when the first Marty just went up. I can only hope they go back to revisit some other old franchises like The Terminator.

Back