1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think he cares because people are complaining but are still buying it. People need to speak with their wallets instead of gaslighting themselves into thinking the figure is “fine”.
I think this unfortunately does not directly affects Hot Toys that much anymore. With the amount of bulk buying from resellers, retailers to Sideshow, by now when the figure is released. The money was already in their hands a LONG time ago. I hate that it has to be this way but it seems to only way they would actually hear us is to comment on their socials crazily like the Tony Stank "situation". Of course we can still speak it our wallets when it comes to Pre-orders, but with Hot Toys it's so damn unpredictable when they inconsistently DO updates, improves the prototypes and when they DON'T.

I don’t think he cares because people are complaining but are still buying it. People need to speak with their wallets instead of gaslighting themselves into thinking the figure is “fine”.

I'm still getting the figure despite the flaws. Not because it's fine, but because it's an iconic character from my childhood that isn't likely to get another official 1/6 scale figure in that costume. If anything, it surprises me that a character of an elderly man from a 40-year-old film got more figures made by HT than some Marvel or SW characters. Having said that, I don't see HT making this version of Doc Brown again, so given then lack of options and the fact that I have a Marty Mcfly figure in need of a Doc, this flawed figure will have to suffice.

I think this unfortunately does not directly affects Hot Toys that much anymore. With the amount of bulk buying from resellers, retailers to Sideshow, by now when the figure is released. The money was already in their hands a LONG time ago. I hate that it has to be this way but it seems to only way they would actually hear us is to comment on their socials crazily like the Tony Stank "situation". Of course we can still speak it our wallets when it comes to Pre-orders, but with Hot Toys it's so damn unpredictable when they inconsistently DO updates, improves the prototypes and when they DON'T.
That’s a very plausible theory and a realistic explanation that I honestly hadn’t thought about. It’s mostly the distributors that are hit the hardest since they are the middlemen between us and Hot Toys.

I know this isn’t the most convenient way of going about things and I don’t really expect the majority of people to do it, but I think I’ll just be waiting for figures to be released and looking for in-hand reviews before I make a purchase. If it sells out, then I guess I missed out.

I'm still getting the figure despite the flaws. Not because it's fine, but because it's an iconic character from my childhood that isn't likely to get another official 1/6 scale figure in that costume. If anything, it surprises me that a character of an elderly man from a 40-year-old film got more figures made by HT than some Marvel or SW characters. Having said that, I don't see HT making this version of Doc Brown again, so given then lack of options and the fact that I have a Marty Mcfly figure in need of a Doc, this flawed figure will have to suffice.
Fair enough. It’s not an ideology that I agree with, but I certainly respect and understand it.

Yep it's sad, but I am in the same camp.......and Hot Toys knows it. Such ah's !!

Anyones ever seen a nice Twin Pine Mall sign?

Not even hoping to see one that lights up with working clock.

Dean just posted this he updated the sculpt. This is incredible! Saved the day!

"Hair edit on Future Boy’s Uncle. Needed to look a bit fuzzier. Final expression for older Doc. Hope to go live in our store by tonight. Unpainted sculpt with sculpted hair and bald will be available. Thanks!"

FB_IMG_1670769430113.jpg
FB_IMG_1670769432136.jpg
FB_IMG_1670769437316.jpg

Dean would be my choice of sculpt. I have his excellent Kylo Ren sculpt. What does he usually charge these days?

Dean just posted this he updated the sculpt. This is incredible! Saved the day!

"Hair edit on Future Boy’s Uncle. Needed to look a bit fuzzier. Final expression for older Doc. Hope to go live in our store by tonight. Unpainted sculpt with sculpted hair and bald will be available. Thanks!"

View attachment 612143View attachment 612144View attachment 612145

Tonight?!

Is SmallStudios still around here? I always loved his work and have a few heads painted by him in my collection. I have the Indigou Marty sculpt. These two would make a great team.

Although Dean's sculpt is absolutely stunning, he'll want $90 to $120 + shipping. For UK, including VAT, that would make it $138 - $174 unpainted, ($170ish $206 ish priority). Then paint, depending on who I'd send it to (plus waiting months), will be around $150 plus shipping both ways. That makes it as much as the figure, if not more.

Godfather1408: Are you still going to push with Kit/Eleven?

Last edited:
I do hear you on the cost of getting this painted and haired pushing the cost up.

As for Kit I'll try around end of Jan see if he can still help.
Thanks. I used to buy a lot of custom sculpts with Rainman, Jnix etc, but really can't justify $300+ headsculpts any more. Not when Eleven will do a passable one for around seventy bucks painted.

Only other version I've seen. Painted for $140:

Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 16.54.54.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I used to buy a lot of custom sculpts with Rainman, Jnix etc, but really can't justify $300+ headsculpts any more. Not when Eleven will do a passable one for around seventy bucks painted.

Only other version I've seen. Painted for $140:

View attachment 612160
Seen this on the Bay too. But the seller has no real reputation. Sculpt and paint are great though...

That updated sculpt just looks insanely good. Although I'd prefer to see it on a body or next to another HT head for comparison first, as I've been burned too many times with custom sculpts that ended up being either too undersized or oversized.

Back