1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Nice bought a sculpted hair version.

Don't care to have him with rooted hair since Marty wouldn't have rooted hair standing next to him. Rather they look consistent with each other.
I'm leaning more that way as well. The new HT figure is already going to look a thousand times better with this sculpt, so no pressing need to make it rooted as well.

Maybe once I see someone else's results on FB I'll pick up a bald sculpt and try it then. Thankfully it doesn't appear from Dean's site that this is going to be a limited run.

I may pass on this one. I cannot put my finger on it, but this sculpt is not growing on me. How long is Dean offering his sculpts? Are they limited?
Looks pretty spot on to me! Be surprised if we see one better for Doc.

Dean offers his sculpts for a long time from what I've seen so you should be good to sit on it if you want.

2fQR329.png
sXBVRxN.png

micDHcc.png
HkdQXgl.jpg

For some reason the angle makes the neck look too thick but it is a great sculpt.

I wonder why he chose to leave the sideburns on the bald sculpt. I understand leaving the eyebrows, but the sideburns will need to directly blend into the hair. Oh well, I guess a skilled person can lay some hair on top and match it in.

Dean's sculpt looks amazing! I pre-ordered this as my definitive Doc and possibly my last figure (I've not ordered one for a good few years).
But the OG headsculpt is really disappointing. I quickly photoshopped his sculpt onto the figure out of curiousity and it looks so much better.
Now I'm tempted to get this and try my hand at painting it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 14.33.39.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 14.33.39.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Also - the expression is so much better and encapsulates that intensity in the eyes Christopher Lloyd had.

Rewatched the movie and I don't think the "baggy" suit is as bad as some made it out to be. You can even see in the film that it was baggy too, it looks much better and more fit when you have the belt and all the accessories attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.13.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.13.42 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.13.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 10.13.01 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Yeah the expression on the HT Doc head is pretty good and appropriate, it seems like HT just had to go that little further with the sculpt to make it work. Rooted hair and a more appropriate paint app would have satisfied. :exactly:

Looks pretty spot on to me! Be surprised if we see one better for Doc.

Dean offers his sculpts for a long time from what I've seen so you should be good to sit on it if you want.

2fQR329.png
sXBVRxN.png

micDHcc.png
HkdQXgl.jpg
Lloyd's face did have a slightly more bloated look in the 1985 scenes due to all the old age makeup he had on, but I can live without that on this sculpt since the overall likeness is so much stronger.

I wonder why he chose to leave the sideburns on the bald sculpt. I understand leaving the eyebrows, but the sideburns will need to directly blend into the hair. Oh well, I guess a skilled person can lay some hair on top and match it in.
First - thanks to all for the love on this sculpt!

The sideburns will not be on the bald version. I will have pics of the bald head probably tomorrow. I am working on sizing but I still want to get a bald one printed to show you guys how it will look.

Lloyd's face did have a slightly more bloated look in the 1985 scenes due to all the old age makeup he had on, but I can live without that on this sculpt since the overall likeness is so much stronger.
That’s it! The sculpt looks fantastic for a 1955 or a future sculpt. But the 1985 Doc had the aged makeup and also lighter hair, which throws it off for me.
Now this could be the perfect head for future Doc... hey Dean! How about some holes for the glasses? 🤓 ;-)

Last edited:
Back