1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very quick photos…tons of accessories…

Not hating on it as much…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
The case doesn’t look as bad as I’d expected. What are those two ridges though? On the outer edges of the clasps, running verticle?

Yes it has the plastic neck protector…mainly to prevent chaffing of paint when shipping. I don’t see the outfit staining the neck like and Picard did… the holes for the glasses are not as glaringly obvious…still there but not deep.

If we can’t get a better option through third part means, the BTTF 3 sculpt isn’t bad if the hat can be removed.

Attachments

• C9451A62-3935-47F7-8504-3AA28CBECCA4.jpeg
    C9451A62-3935-47F7-8504-3AA28CBECCA4.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 0
You have to release those to open the case. The case looks good in hand. I didn’t open it yet.
No, I mean the image shows ridges in the actual case next to the clasps, running vertical. Guessing marks are in the cardboard.

These were just posted on FB by Dean Tolliver Studios. I'm guessing unpainted sculpts.

Definitely the best likeness I've seen yet and blows away the HT.

View attachment 611988
That's all Hot Toys had to include with this figure..

Great looking sculpt from Dean. Will pick one up for sure to replace the stock lazy one.

I think as more people get it the hate for it will wear off somewhat. Collectors are fairly dramatic oftentimes. I’m not saying it’s perfect but things get blown out of proportion fairly often.
My opinion hasn’t changed, and you can’t speak for other people. I’m still getting the figure, but looking for solutions in regards to the sculpt and case. Will reserve judgement on the suit until it comes.

These were just posted on FB by Dean Tolliver Studios. I'm guessing unpainted sculpts.

Definitely the best likeness I've seen yet and blows away the HT.

View attachment 611988

View attachment 611990

View attachment 611991

View attachment 611992
Looking good.

For me, it’ll be too much to spend on upgrading this HT figure - probably $89-120 plus delivery unpainted, $150 plus delivery both ways on top to paint it. I’ll wait for the Eleven sculpt in a few months or so.

If we can’t get a better option through third part means, the BTTF 3 sculpt isn’t bad if the hat can be removed.
I disagree personally I do not see him at all in this sculpt like at all. I have seen a debate on it

Looking good.

For me, it’ll be too much to spend on upgrading this HT figure - probably $89-120 plus delivery unpainted, $150 plus delivery both ways on top to paint it. I’ll wait for the Eleven sculpt in a few months or so.
Yes you are right the hobby is already very expensive

I think as more people get it the hate for it will wear off somewhat. Collectors are fairly dramatic oftentimes. I’m not saying it’s perfect but things get blown out of proportion fairly often.
I mean I’m still going to get it later, just not for $336. This figure is not worth $300+.

My opinion hasn’t changed, and you can’t speak for other people. I’m still getting the figure, but looking for solutions in regards to the sculpt and case. Will reserve judgement on the suit until it comes.
I’m not speaking for others. I’m simply stating what happens time and time again in this hobby.

X figure is the worst ever and Hot Toys is terrible and blah blah blah. Until it starts to arrive to people and they don’t hate it as much as they initially did.

Back