1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's bad ass! Really happy for you. Get the sign up for ups or who ever delivers your packages and when a package ships you can have it left at a drop off point. I've started doing this when I'm not off work and works out great.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yep, I just have them sent to the nearest UPS store now via UPS my choice. I won't sign for anything online anymore, I just pick them up on the way home from work and they usually arrive a day early that way, so that's a plus.

I don't think anyone cares, and even less people will remember that I had my Infinity Cap stolen off my porch the day it was delivered, and I just took it for a loss because I signed for it online so they would just leave it... Well I finally got over it enough that I felt it was time to order it again because I still want it and the RPs would lessen the blow of having to pay for it twice, but I couldn't order it again because it's one per person... So I explained what happened to SSC and asked them if they could make an exception for me and let me order it again... Well, they're sending me one for free... I'm absolutely floored. I never expected this.

That's so nice of Sideshow!! Glad you got your Cap back. :)

I don't think anyone cares, and even less people will remember that I had my Infinity Cap stolen off my porch the day it was delivered, and I just took it for a loss because I signed for it online so they would just leave it... Well I finally got over it enough that I felt it was time to order it again because I still want it and the RPs would lessen the blow of having to pay for it twice, but I couldn't order it again because it's one per person... So I explained what happened to SSC and asked them if they could make an exception for me and let me order it again... Well, they're sending me one for free... I'm absolutely floored. I never expected this.

Good to see that good customer service still exist outside of the bad **** that happens and people try to paint SS as a bad company. Glad everything worked out for you.

:thud:

Thanks for the kind words, I finally got it today. :yess:

I really like it, but I feel it needs an aggressive expression sculpt to really stand out. I hope Eleven does develop his custom, I asked him for an update twice and it seems I was ignored.

Last edited:

I really like it, but I feel it needs an aggressive expression sculpt to really stand out. I hope Eleven does develop his custom, I asked him for an update twice and it seems I was ignored.

Hopefully Eleven is just busy and plans to get back to you once he has an update. Please keep us posted if you hear anything about his custom.

That is incredibly awesome that SSC did that!:clap Sorry u had to go through that - and bad karma to the THIEF *&^%$.

Well, after ending up 'bashing this Cap - and ending up paying more, really, than I would have paid if I had just bought the *&^% promo in the first place:banghead - here's mine. I am so done this fig caused too much angst. All HT except custom sculpt off the 'bay and old Jungle Predator base (which IMO just makes this fig. I think HT should've had something like this for all the Wakanda HTs. Got this a while ago for Civil War BP, but eventually got another when IW Bucky was announced. On the 'bay at the moment for $100:monkey3 - not worth that, but really is a NICE stand IMO).

I'm pretty happy w. the sculpt/paint actually. WIP since it's not an HT $$$$ I can think about adding some blood and dirt w. my non-existent painting skills:horror. I do like the careful (if basic) paint work, and sharpness of detail (nose). And no head seam:monkey3.

IW_Cap1.jpg

IW_Cap2.jpg

Re the fig itself - mixed feelings. I can see why folks like it, and see why folks don't. For me - am just done:gah:. I need to get Bucky in - probably Nat at some point - and wait for the IW figs. For me tho - get Cap, get Bucky. Or get Bucky, get Cap. And usually Nat and Falcon. $$$ But I'm already looking over my spare Bucky heads, thinking about what could be modded. Not feelin' HT trust about their production line right now. Everyone has things that bother them and I just can't deal w. HT's run of "soft" looking sculpts. Esp. for actors w. pretty chiseled features.:(

Just got this one in the other day, extremely impressive in-hand, I feel like I need to stay away from the forums because I've always been extremely impressed by every Hot Toy I've held in my hand but once I start reading critiques (legitimate or not) I absolutely start seeing them haha, I can't stop looking at his nose. The same thing happened with BD T-800 from T1, couldn't stop criticizing his flaws and I had to sell him, kind of regret it but eh, that's the way this game goes. Definitely keeping this guy though, can't stop re-posing him!

Just got this one in the other day, extremely impressive in-hand, I feel like I need to stay away from the forums because I've always been extremely impressed by every Hot Toy I've held in my hand but once I start reading critiques (legitimate or not) I absolutely start seeing them haha, I can't stop looking at his nose. The same thing happened with BD T-800 from T1, couldn't stop criticizing his flaws and I had to sell him, kind of regret it but eh, that's the way this game goes. Definitely keeping this guy though, can't stop re-posing him!

The sculpt is not perfect, but it looks good enough for me to like it. I also like how this version of Cap looks and feels different from other versions. It's Cap but feels like a different figure. Cap's entrance in IW is an unforgettable scene for me with him appearing just in time to save the day and catching Proxima Midnight's spear.

Got this one about 2 weeks ago and while I do like it, I kinda can't find a good pose. The spears are awesome but it's Cap. Feels weird to pose him with a spear. The wakandan shields aren't to my liking either so in the end he's just standing there doing and holding nothing. :rotfl The positive thing is that the body and fit of the suit is much better than that of CW Cap which I still haven't warmed up to. :dunno I kinda feel like selling them both right now ugh...

LOL don't let it get to yah:google - I've been pretty harsh about HT's efforts w. this Cap for sure, but folks come from different perspectives. Like when I started "researching" AOU Natasha there's a volume of negativity about her hair, the re-used sculpt, etc:horror. So I get her in last summer - thanks to the negativity at a good price NIB:cool: - and IMO she's an amazing release, great costume w. lots of color, accessories, and love her paint work - to me she's kind of sexy and flirty. Liked her so much I got a second one.

So keep up the negativity folks! it really helps out the bargain shoppers!:monkey3

Also, like, a lot of folks are/were unhappy w. Stealth Cap "flat chest", for example. Yeah, mine's flat, but doesn't bother me *shrug*. Tho I hafta admit whatever body + materials on this Cap DOES look real nice, overall. If Cap has been a fugitive since IW he ended up even more ripped, if possible.:lol

The sculpt is not perfect, but it looks good enough for me to like it. I also like how this version of Cap looks and feels different from other versions. It's Cap but feels like a different figure. Cap's entrance in IW is an unforgettable scene for me with him appearing just in time to save the day and catching Proxima Midnight's spear.

That scene is awesome. I also love that flip/flying kick Widow does. I've switched mine to the shields - IMO fully extended the shields are wicked looking and scream Wakanda, so I am gonna save the spear for BW when I can afford to get her in.

IWCap_CWBP2.jpg

Quick cell pick w. CW Panther. OK, HT, u officially suck. 'Coz I think the two together look pretty d%mn awesome - CW Panther really tying together the shield design. No wonder these figs are like a crack addiction. I can't wait to add Bucky to this small lineup.:impatient:

The HT sculpt isn't perfect, that is true, but after trying to take pictures of this figure I realized how much even the slightest angle change can distort how the sculpt looks in photos. It looks much better in person than it does in 99% of the pictures i've seen of it. I wasn't happy with any of the pictures I took.

The HT sculpt isn't perfect, that is true, but after trying to take pictures of this figure I realized how much even the slightest angle change can distort how the sculpt looks in photos. It looks much better in person than it does in 99% of the pictures i've seen of it. I wasn't happy with any of the pictures I took.

I agree. A lot of factors can affect how figures look in pictures and videos such as the type of lens used and distance between the lens and subject.

I agree. A lot of factors can affect how figures look in pictures and videos such as the type of lens used and distance between the lens and subject.

Am willing to believe that re all the comments about the "dead-eyed" TWS Widow and she's a fav of mine; looked at a 'bay pic of AOU Ultron sculpt yesterday and it looked awful - but I KNOW that's a nice sculpt IMO, own Roadworn Thor.

Mostly now just really missing having some full Outriders. Really loved that creepy design.:(

Am willing to believe that re all the comments about the "dead-eyed" TWS Widow and she's a fav of mine; looked at a 'bay pic of AOU Ultron sculpt yesterday and it looked awful - but I KNOW that's a nice sculpt IMO, own Roadworn Thor.

Mostly now just really missing having some full Outriders. Really loved that creepy design.:(

My personal philosophy is to buy what you want. If a figure makes you happy, it is worth the purchase price. :)

Re: pictures and videos, I'm not a professional but I studied/researched photography especially during the peak of my interest in it years ago. I am confident that most photographers on this forum will agree with what I said. I'm sure many people can relate to having some "favorite" pictures of themselves and some that don't look that good during the same event (e.g. a wedding). I don't think that people's appearances change that fast so it must be due to external factors that affect the picture quality. I believe it's the same with figures. But unfortunately, most of us have to rely on pictures or videos to make a decision about whether to buy a figure or not, myself included.

Back