1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m so torn on this figure. The likeness is pretty good but I really can’t stand the material of the suit and that ugly texture. It’s nit accurate at all. For those of you who have this in hand, is the texture that bad in person?

I’m so torn on this figure. The likeness is pretty good but I really can’t stand the material of the suit and that ugly texture. It’s nit accurate at all. For those of you who have this in hand, is the texture that bad in person?

was thinking about this yesterday when i got him in. not bad @ all in person.
i think once people start getting this guy in hand, they’ll realize how awesome this guy is in person. his articulation is pretty great as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like the choice they made with the texture. They did the same w concept cap and I love it. I have so many issues with other clothes figures losing pouches and flaps because the glue gives out after a year. I think this new style will help preserve the suits better. We'll see, I'm sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Not bad, I think this texture alllows for the costume to fit better. I’ve had previous Caps and they seem to look very puffy from the cloth outfits. This one looks more natural or more like a person instead of a doll.

Not bad, I think this texture alllows for the costume to fit better. I’ve had previous Caps and they seem to look very puffy from the cloth outfits. This one looks more natural or more like a person instead of a doll.
Very true. I actually had to flip my AoU caps waist down. In order to hike the pants up a tad. Otherwise, they looked too baggy

Was supposed to get mine today, was supposedly delivered at 2pm, but no package is here... This is literally the first time this has ever happened, so i'm guessing someone stole it off my porch. I'm hoping that they messed up and didn't actually deliver it yet, but I doubt it. ****** I hate the holidays.

Was supposed to get mine today, was supposedly delivered at 2pm, but no package is here... This is literally the first time this has ever happened, so i'm guessing someone stole it off my porch. I'm hoping that they messed up and didn't actually deliver it yet, but I doubt it. ****** I hate the holidays.
They have to be signed for.

I sign for it digitally so they just leave it because they never come when i'm home. Needless to say I won't be doing that anymore.

I always just do pick up at UPS store option because they never come when i'm home. Not sure if that's an option for you but that's the safest way.

I always just do pick up at UPS store option because they never come when i'm home. Not sure if that's an option for you but that's the safest way.

That's probably what i'm going to start doing. I've done it for larger figures like hulkbuster before.

That's probably what i'm going to start doing. I've done it for larger figures like hulkbuster before.

Are you sure that's not where this one was delivered? My last figure from Sideshow went straight to the local UPS store after one missed delivery attempt, which is apparently SOP now. I had to wait until the following day to pick it up, but it was there.

Love it, totally worth it for the movie promo edition to get the additional weapons. I have him in a very simple pose just standing there holding Proxima Midnight's spear after she threw it at him.

Yeah, that looks like it's from some early IW concept art, although as I recall the IW Black Widow had something similar. But I'm sure a certain someone on this forum will say they used it purposely so we wouldn't immediately notice how TERRIBLE the sculpt is and how it looks NOTHING like Chris Evans! :lol

I couldn't agree more! ;)

I just got this today, but I have to sell it. Found out at work that like 80% of what I do each day is getting moved to a different department. So I'm taking some precautions.

:)

2823B0E9-ED24-4662-B9A4-E5AF41BFEFD4.jpg
5F5D90DD-01C2-404F-BE02-B264E109676E.jpg

Seeing this figure next to the CW one makes me really conclude that the CW Cap is the weakest modern incarnation. With the stocky neck and barrel torso I can't help but feel it was a step back from the AOU one. CW has been on my axing list for a while, and the more I've seen the more I've felt resolute in doing so. AOU reigns king in my eyes. Though if they go back and do a new Stealth Suit it could dethrone him.

AOU leagues worse than CW in outfit department, chest is way puffier with no articulation & horrible pants with wandering knees. Sold mine when I put them side to side, though I prefer the AOU colors. To each their own I guess.

Back