1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Gmoney is still up in this thread losing his **** because not everyone shares his opinion that there's something wrong with this figure XD

Why don't we instead leave the thread for people who will actually be purchasing the figure, showing off some cool photos or pointers on the figure instead of continuously repeating why some are not going to buy it.

Well because the thread is a forum for ALL people to share and voice their opinions whether it's good or bad or whether you agree with it or not. I suppose it'd be much more pleasant for this thread to simply serve as an echo-chamber where you guys can convince each other that subpar is good enough. Well sorry if I'm here disrupting the tranquility with my opinion that is different than yours.

Look, you guys are happy with this figure and wanna share photos, by all means go for it...I'm not here trying to take away your happiness or rain on your Cap parade. Sure, I may be coming off as repetitive voicing my disappointment in this figure, but in the end, how is that any less repetitive from the folks that are saying this figure is good enough? :dunno

I see Gmoney is still up in this thread losing his **** because not everyone shares his opinion that there's something wrong with this figure XD

Hahaha, I'm really not losing my ****, just defending my views on the matter. We are all simply engaging in a civil debate on the controversy surrounding this figure. :lol

That wasn't my argument...my main point is that people are SETTLING. They may not say it in those exact words and they may not even want to admit it, but their actions speak for themselves.

When the general sentiment is that the sculpt is off, but good enough and you buy it anyways, then, yes, you are settling. When your rationale is this is a "unique" release and you must buy it then you are settling.

Like I said earlier, it's YOUR money, free feel the spend it (waste it) however you like, but if you wanna settle for a subpar release because HT won't make another bearded Cap again, then by all means throw your money away. :lol

I just think at this point in the Hot Toys game, you aren’t just buying the figure anymore. You’re buying a brand, and regardless if it isn’t a 100% likeness, I argue it’s the opposite of settling because of the power of the Hot Toys brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel like i'm settlling at all. Could it it be better yes but all the HT figures have things that could be better. i have never bought anything that's is perfect. I bought a new truck a coulple months ago and it's not perfect but a 5 million dollar car that takes a month to assemble is not perfect either.

This is a very subjective hobby like a lot of things in life. There are lots of things out there besides figures people love that i'm like gmoney and say "WTF is wrong with you!? Your not thinking straight, it's not worth it"" but they love it and that's fine because i'm not them.

Okay but you also have to realize the fact that this hobby along with almost every other hobby is based solely on the consumers opinion on what they are purchasing. In my eyes, this sculpt looks exactly like Chris Evans. I have no gripes with it. So while you may be accusing people of being okay with sub par quality, this figure is not sub par quality to everyone. The fact of the matter is that some people will like a figure, some won't, I don't think it's worth arguing over the quality of a headsculpt when in reality it's all a matter of perspective. Some will like it, some will not, it's that simple. Why don't we instead leave the thread for people who will actually be purchasing the figure, showing off some cool photos or pointers on the figure instead of continuously repeating why some are not going to buy it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok. I get that. Just frustrated, that's all:( - had a lot of anticipation for this figure. Even had it pictured in my head - thought how cool the costume was gonna be - pretty much the CW Cap uniform, broken down. Peeks of scale armor. At least that's what I think the film costume was supposed to be. Had already spent some bucks on older Predator stands for Cap and Bucky. IMO it was kind of unique, probably the only time Cap will be in Africa/forest environment - since I like diorama bases. I was thinking about 2 of them, even.

I'd even pick this fig up, IF it was a great deal. I'll just hafta hope HT - unlikely, but still - revisits this look with some uber DX version one day. Doubt it, but who knows.:dunno. But yeah, I made my choice...so anyone picking this up, hope he gets to you soon and ur happy with him.

Ok. I get that. Just frustrated, that's all:( - had a lot of anticipation for this figure. Even had it pictured in my head - thought how cool the costume was gonna be - pretty much the CW Cap uniform, broken down. Peeks of scale armor. At least that's what I think the film costume was supposed to be. Had already spent some bucks on older Predator stands for Cap and Bucky. IMO it was kind of unique, probably the only time Cap will be in Africa/forest environment - since I like diorama bases. I was thinking about 2 of them, even.

I'd even pick this fig up, IF it was a great deal. I'll just hafta hope HT - unlikely, but still - revisits this look with some uber DX version one day. Doubt it, but who knows.:dunno. But yeah, I made my choice...so anyone picking this up, hope he gets to you soon and ur happy with him.
Man, I understand your frustration, that really sucks. But you never know, Hot Toys could end up doing something else with this cap look in the future if he wears the look in maybe a few opening scenes/flashback scenes in Endgame, just all depends.

HT wont revisit this fig, its one and done. Having the Concept Cap in hand I dont mind the suit material but I dont understand why they didnt go with the same stuff as CW Cap. The sculpt is fine to me, looks like Evans. Showed the sculpt to my wife and she said it looked terrible. Opinions vary. But since im buying it and displaying it it only matters that I like it, and I do. If I really couldnt get passed the sculpt I wouldnt buy it like I didnt buy WS/AoU Widow and Banner. Im just glad im in the camp that likes the thing because im excited for it and being disappointed in a product sucks.

No ****...we get the point already. You don’t like the figure...point taken...move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't my argument...my main point is that people are SETTLING. They may not say it in those exact words and they may not even want to admit it, but their actions speak for themselves.

When the general sentiment is that the sculpt is off, but good enough and you buy it anyways, then, yes, you are settling. When your rationale is this is a "unique" release and you must buy it then you are settling.

Like I said earlier, it's YOUR money, free feel the spend it (waste it) however you like, but if you wanna settle for a subpar release because HT won't make another bearded Cap again, then by all means throw your money away. :lol

Not to ruffle any feathers, but I'd never say the word "settle" for a toy. I don't have to buy this, or any toy for that matter. I just like them and think they look great displayed. I'm not trivializing $260, but if this was something I couldn't easily afford, I wouldn't be buying this, or any Hot Toy for that matter. I'm not settling, I just like Captain America, the movie, and Hot Toys, so I'm buying it since it checked off three boxes.

Man, I understand your frustration, that really sucks. But you never know, Hot Toys could end up doing something else with this cap look in the future if he wears the look in maybe a few opening scenes/flashback scenes in Endgame, just all depends.

:duff And there's always the kitbash, if I wanna put the time and money in. Just don't know if I have the stones to cut into a *pricey* (at the moment anyway) CW Cap uniform:horror. But something like that, I can wait...haven't been collecting long enough to know if HTs like Cap will stay up there in price after the MCU overturns, or a lot of people will overturn their collections.:dunno

If I really couldnt get passed the sculpt I wouldnt buy it like I didnt buy WS/AoU Widow and Banner. Im just glad im in the camp that likes the thing because im excited for it and being disappointed in a product sucks.

Yeah - well, I kinda had to get past Loki Ragnarok sculpt, or at least what I've seen of it. IMO not horrible, but not what I would have imagined. With him I figure it's more of an overall effect on the shelf tho, with the horns. And I've got other Caps including Concept.

We need to start a ticker that counts how many different ways Gmoney can say "the headsculpt sucks, everyone who buys it is settling/giving HTs a pass, admit this to yourself... but everyone is entitled to their own opinion."

We need to start a ticker that counts how many different ways Gmoney can say "the headsculpt sucks, everyone who buys it is settling/giving HTs a pass, admit this to yourself... but everyone is entitled to their own opinion."
Never heard a more accurate description in my life lol

I have a guy counting right now :lol

Settling:lol
This is literally the best looking Cap figure they made so far

Back