1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The russo brothers also said this wasn’t a 2 part movie...their word means nothing...lol

I think they mean it is not a two part like Harry Potter (the last one), Lord of the Rings or Hunger Game movies. One story broken into two or three parts. This movie stands on it's own just like CW did.

it sounds like the next one will not start at the end of this one but a couple years in the future. Kind of like the the time between CW and this one.
If true i think that will be kind of cool to see how the world is after something like that.

Last edited:
The russo brothers also said this wasn’t a 2 part movie...their word means nothing...lol

The Russos and Feige said it would be Infinity War and Avengers 4 instead of Infinity War Part I and Part II because both movies would be complete films from a narrative standpoint, which Infinity War certainly is.

Infinity War is Thanos’s story, and there is certainly a resolution at the end for him.

It may happen to end on a cliffhanger for the audience, but so did Empire Strikes Back. But ESB and RotJ are distinct, complete movies with continuing stories. Infinity War and Avengers 4 will be the same.

Basically, the difference between one movie split into two parts versus two movies that are complete but continue a story.

Thy did say that. But IW is not a complete story.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thy did say that. But IW is not a complete story.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agreed.

The Russos and Feige said it would be Infinity War and Avengers 4 instead of Infinity War Part I and Part II because both movies would be complete films from a narrative standpoint, which Infinity War certainly is.

Infinity War is Thanos’s story, and there is certainly a resolution at the end for him.

It may happen to end on a cliffhanger for the audience, but so did Empire Strikes Back. But ESB and RotJ are distinct, complete movies with continuing stories. Infinity War and Avengers 4 will be the same.

Basically, the difference between one movie split into two parts versus two movies that are complete but continue a story.

That might work if the movie were titled as a Thanos stand-alone film. It’s not though, it’s Avengers. Which means now there’s some Avenging to be done. As for Star Wars, A New Hope was a complete movie. ESB was not. It ended with a cliffhanger and a slew of unresolved plot threads. The audience left the theater wanting to know what happens next to resolve everything, not feeling at all like there was any sort of satisfying conclusion.

When they talked about wrapping up, I believe they meant both IW and A4 as a whole.

Also I said complete film specifically, which, again, it is. At its core, Thanos has an objective and fulfills it. They’ve said it would feel like a Thanos movie and it certainly was.

The whole story isn’t over, no, just like it wasn’t at the end of Empire. And Empire (as with each Star Wars film) is considered a complete film from start to end even if it’s part of a greater saga. Same stands for Infinity War. Just like how each Harry Potter film except the last is a whole story, as well as each Lord of the Rings film, etc. The overarching story continues, but each standalone installment can be complete on its own.

A Part I and Part II movie is generall just a really long movie that got chopped in half structurally, versus installments or trilogies or duologies or sagas which are a collection of individual films.

Although Avengers 4 will continue Infinity War’s story, it seems a disservice to just call it Part II from what they’re trying to do with these two films. Which is why it’s now Avengers 4.

I’m not saying I would ever want this to be it. And IW ends on one hell of a cliffhanger. But it is certainly a complete film to me structurally, and narratively from Thanos’s point of view. Which I think is what they were alluding to. ie. Infinity War is the story of Thanos and his end goal, and A4 is the story of how the Avengers reverse it.

Folks are certainly entitled to feel differently of course. :)

Last edited:
Same angle, slightly higher res in case you guys were interested

41005572095_5628b41eda_o_d.jpg

I think they were just worried that calling it part one might decrease ticket sales. The Harry Potter films were stand alone movies with a greater arc, except the last two films. Those were two halves of a greater whole. Just like ESB and Return of the Jedi. Just like IW and Avengers 4.

Same goes for the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The first was a complete film. 2 and 3 don’t work without one another.

Same angle, slightly higher res in case you guys were interested.

Looks good. I hope Cap has more screen time in the next film. To me, he didn’t have enough presence in IW for me to really need this figure in my collection. The shields he used were an odd choice too. They didn’t function at all like his regular shield so really why not just use a different weapon entirely? Something more practical against an enemy horde.

Looks good. I hope Cap has more screen time in the next film. To me, he didn’t have enough presence in IW for me to really need this figure in my collection. The shields he used were an odd choice too. They didn’t function at all like his regular shield so really why not just use a different weapon entirely? Something more practical against an enemy horde.

It could be argued that by the time he was on the field in Wakanda with the shields they'd only faced members of the Black Order, so they didn't know a horde of Outriders was going to be on the agenda. Although given that they knew Thanos was behind the Chitauri attack on NYC, I suppose they should have expected something similar. But I agree, the shields are an odd choice, especially given that they're nothing like any other Wakandan shield seen in this film or BP. Are these possibly a callback to something BP used at some point in the comics?

It could be argued that by the time he was on the field in Wakanda with the shields they'd only faced members of the Black Order, so they didn't know a horde of Outriders was going to be on the agenda. Although given that they knew Thanos was behind the Chitauri attack on NYC, I suppose they should have expected something similar. But I agree, the shields are an odd choice, especially given that they're nothing like any other Wakandan shield seen in this film or BP. Are these possibly a callback to something BP used at some point in the comics?

I took it totally differently e.g. acknowledgement by T'challa that he recognizes Cap as Captain America with a certain way of fighting and a certain moral code. E.g. T'challa sees to the heart of a person. Could have sworn Evans nodded a bit at that.

Also the Russos said in an interview that Cap had been back to Wakanda a lot tho I'd argue for me the presentation of certain things didn't work and I wouldn't have thought that (e.g. if u are being tracked u would never develop a behavior pattern and just keep moving). ANYWAY in theory T'challa knows Cap pretty well. In theory I guess re Russo comment T'challa had already made the shields for Cap tho it doesn't sound that way in the film.

I took it totally differently e.g. acknowledgement by T'challa that he recognizes Cap as Captain America with a certain way of fighting and a certain moral code. E.g. T'challa sees to the heart of a person. Could have sworn Evans nodded a bit at that.

Also the Russos said in an interview that Cap had been back to Wakanda a lot tho I'd argue for me the presentation of certain things didn't work and I wouldn't have thought that (e.g. if u are being tracked u would never develop a behavior pattern and just keep moving). ANYWAY in theory T'challa knows Cap pretty well. In theory I guess re Russo comment T'challa had already made the shields for Cap tho it doesn't sound that way in the film.

I can see how one might look at it that way. But then I think T'Challa would have either (a) replicated Cap's round shield (i.e., something he's accustomed to fighting with) or (b) already given Cap these shields. I also found it odd that T'Challa said to get him a shield (singular) but he ended up with two. I small continuity error - like maybe they originally intended to give him the classic shield at that point, then decided to hold it back for Avengers 4?

Yeah I remember that too, but if I recall it was only because coulson uses his robot hand and he can only do it for like a few seconds. I'm sure Wakanda could beat that tech anyday. Maybe even make something throwable.

Back