1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the Bay Area... $8 Pho, $8 Panda Express, $5 viet sandwiches, $8 Panera bread..

You're being gipped if you pay that much in the "Bay Area".

Back in the day I could easily spend $16 on lunch at Wendy's. I can't/don't eat like that anymore. I live in the central valley, there's good steak houses and places that are easily $20 lunches. Just like in the bay, you gotta search out the cheaper places. We've got bomb ass $4 banh mi sandwiches out here.

I just preordered the movie promo edition. I can't miss this since Cap is one of my favorite characters.

However, does anyone know what makes the movie promo edition unique aside from the exclusive mystery weapon and outrider diorama? For example, DX has PERS and extra nice packaging, Deluxe has more accessories and slightly different packaging (in the case of RO Jyn Erso).

Back in the day I could easily spend $16 on lunch at Wendy's. I can't/don't eat like that anymore. I live in the central valley, there's good steak houses and places that are easily $20 lunches. Just like in the bay, you gotta search out the cheaper places. We've got bomb ass $4 banh mi sandwiches out here.

Making me hungry lol

I just preordered the movie promo edition. I can't miss this since Cap is one of my favorite characters.

However, does anyone know what makes the movie promo edition unique aside from the exclusive mystery weapon and outrider diorama? For example, DX has PERS and extra nice packaging, Deluxe has more accessories and slightly different packaging (in the case of RO Jyn Erso).

Those two things you mentioned are the only things that make this movie promo release a movie promo release. Nothing else.
Oh, and they put that little "Exclusive" sticker and potentially a different box art.

It's only available from Sideshow, won't be sold elsewhere. And in lower limited qty than DX figures. So I've read anyway.

You answered your own question.

Additional weapon, Outrider, cover for stand.

Maybe a unique box. The Sideshow Exclusive sticker on it.

In for Promo Edition. I was waiting for a Sideshow exclusive to burn my points on. While it's overpriced, I was planning to not get too many from Infinity War. I used $227 in points for $39.99 total. Thanks to Pixel and the board for many of those points. I am probably done with Sideshow direct after this thanks to their shipping and pricing/discount policies. Only an interesting exclusive makes sense to order with them anymore.

So which version will be next? I think if there wasn't any they would not name it "bla bla bla version".

Thank you TheBatman, alucard1138, and MyenShi for answering my question. I did some quick research after reading your responses and it seems that in addition to what you said, the movie promo edition is more limited compared to normal releases as alucard1138 mentioned. I saw some old listings on ebay stating that the Iron Man movie promo edition figure is limited to 3000 pieces although I am not sure how the sellers knew the exact number. Anyway, I'm excited for this figure!

Back