1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know where I can get an outfit for a T’challa custom? I know I saw one months ago but can’t find it anywhere. Thanks!

One Sixth Kit had one for order but it sold out fast. Usually there will be some for sale when the product actually releases so you’ll have to keep an eye out. I imagine as soon as it starts shipping from there people will post in here.

Can’t remember when I pre-ordered this — it would have been very early on. It’s finally shipping, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naturally, it shows up just before I have to get to work. So after 15 minutes with it:

- Great proportions overall.

- Suit doesn't feel as thick or durable as say, PS4 Advanced Suit Spidey.

- That controversial head-sculpt fails for me -- it doesn't look as bad in-hand, but looks very generic and actually under-sized on the body. That may be because it has no neck, but even if I was going to forgive the very weak likeness and what looks like the wrong skin tone, it just looks odd to me.

- Patterning and sculpted details on the suit are very well executed. Feels like he walked out of a comic book.

- They failed to articulate the neck properly. There's a tiny bit of give but it's static and hinders posing. Can be remedied if:

- The helmeted head sits lower. It sits just a few millimeters too high and makes it hard to pose naturally.

- For now I have it sitting on the neck with the aid of some bunched plastic inside the head to keep it snug, posable and to prevent the eyepiece from being un-seated. To my eyes this is a substantial improvement on making the figure look more natural. I may do a non-invasive but cleaner mod with some open-cell foam to make this neater and more permanent, albeit reversible.

- Fists look too small. Other hands are okay but I've seen HT do better.

Looks great overall, with one engineering error (helmeted head seating) and one major miss on the head sculpt.

YMMV.

I'll try for some photos tomorrow maybe.

Edit: the part about the head was a dirty lie. The interior socket in mine wasn't seated far enough. It may still be a touch high, but not nearly so bad as I thought.

Last edited:
Okay, a couple of things. I went back and forth after seating the internal socket deeper into the helmet, but in terms of proportion and subtlety, seating the head lower just works for me, so I’m going to mod it.

I also prefer the eyes in the helmet as opposed to the silver mesh. Looks like there’s someone in there as opposed to a a more toy-like look.

Still messing with it.

83bbdd7b66ad69afc786f94a9bdc3a9f.jpg

663a76fc4b344e3419eae1c6d6dd1711.jpg

Naturally, it shows up just before I have to get to work. So after 15 minutes with it:

- Great proportions overall.

- Suit doesn't feel as thick or durable as say, PS4 Advanced Suit Spidey.

- That controversial head-sculpt fails for me -- it doesn't look as bad in-hand, but looks very generic and actually under-sized on the body. That may be because it has no neck, but even if I was going to forgive the very weak likeness and what looks like the wrong skin tone, it just looks odd to me.

- Patterning and sculpted details on the suit are very well executed. Feels like he walked out of a comic book.

- They failed to articulate the neck properly. There's a tiny bit of give but it's static and hinders posing. Can be remedied if:

- The helmeted head sits lower. It sits just a few millimeters too high and makes it hard to pose naturally.

- For now I have it sitting on the neck with the aid of some bunched plastic inside the head to keep it snug, posable and to prevent the eyepiece from being un-seated. To my eyes this is a substantial improvement on making the figure look more natural. I may do a non-invasive but cleaner mod with some open-cell foam to make this neater and more permanent, albeit reversible.

- Fists look too small. Other hands are okay but I've seen HT do better.

Looks great overall, with one engineering error (helmeted head seating) and one major miss on the head sculpt.

YMMV.

I'll try for some photos tomorrow maybe.

Edit: the part about the head was a dirty lie. The interior socket in mine wasn't seated far enough. It may still be a touch high, but not nearly so bad as I thought.

Totally agree with much of your initial assessments. In terms of the headsculpt, I’m usually VERY forgiving but this time I’m absolutely disappointed with the execution mainly because the KO one that I bought for the CW BP is MUCH better.

Edit: I forgot to mention the eyes... Sure, I understand the “toy” argument but to me they look really silly. However, I have mine lit up by multiple mini UV spotlights so that could be why I choose the silver.

By the way, what does “YMMV” mean?

Totally agree with much of your initial assessments. In terms of the headsculpt, I’m usually VERY forgiving but this time I’m absolutely disappointed with the execution mainly because the KO one that I bought for the CW BP is MUCH better.

Edit: I forgot to mention the eyes... Sure, I understand the “toy” argument but to me they look really silly. However, I have mine lit up by multiple mini UV spotlights so that could be why I choose the silver.

"YMMV. also ymmv. written abbreviation for Your Mileage May Vary: used, for example on social media and in text messages and emails, to mean that you understand people may have a different opinion or experience to yours: Their first album is better, but of course YMMV."

[...]
Edit: I forgot to mention the eyes... Sure, I understand the “toy” argument but to me they look really silly. However, I have mine lit up by multiple mini UV spotlights so that could be why I choose the silver.[...]

Could be the lighting, I was checking the figure out in a room that had varying levels of indirect natural light, haven't got it into an actual display yet. Once I've spent some time with it I may change my mind -- but the eyes don't look silly to me -- well, no more silly than a dude in a cat suit :lol -- I think what they're giving me right now is the illusion of depth.

And what becausebatman said -- Your Mileage May Vary. :duff

Hello fellow collectors.

I need some advice about this figure. At the moment I live in Italy, right on the coast and the weather here gets quite hot and humid. With that being said, I received the figure almost two weeks ago and since then I've been keeping it in a closet, sealed inside the brown shipper. Do you guys think that the heat and humidity might have damaged/ will damage it? I have a dehumidifier but I don't know how much it helps since it's on the other side of the house. What should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'm loving the shots that you guys are posting here, keep them coming :)

Hello fellow collectors.

I need some advice about this figure. At the moment I live in Italy, right on the coast and the weather here gets quite hot and humid. With that being said, I received the figure almost two weeks ago and since then I've been keeping it in a closet, sealed inside the brown shipper. Do you guys think that the heat and humidity might have damaged/ will damage it? I have a dehumidifier but I don't know how much it helps since it's on the other side of the house. What should I do in this case?

Thanks in advance.

My advice is to always open figures and keep them well-ventilated. Sealed up for too long nothing may happen --- or the chemicals, paints glues and solvents used in their manufacture may begin to reach with each other and with the plastic and foam packaging. You never know, especially if there's high heat and humidity.

I'm not an expert, but I find more often than not that keeping the air as cold as possible via an air condition does more to keep the humidity in check versus using a dehumidifier (my device has both functions but can't do both at the same time, so whenever I have it on dehumidifier mode, the temperature goes up so thus the humidity goes up).

In an area like Australia, keeping the room temperature as cold as possible sounds like the best option to prevent potential damage to the figure.

My advice is to always open figures and keep them well-ventilated. Sealed up for too long nothing may happen --- or the chemicals, paints glues and solvents used in their manufacture may begin to reach with each other and with the plastic and foam packaging. You never know, especially if there's high heat and humidity.

I'm not an expert, but I find more often than not that keeping the air as cold as possible via an air condition does more to keep the humidity in check versus using a dehumidifier (my device has both functions but can't do both at the same time, so whenever I have it on dehumidifier mode, the temperature goes up so thus the humidity goes up).

In an area like Australia, keeping the room temperature as cold as possible sounds like the best option to prevent potential damage to the figure.

Thanks for the answers guys, I'll keep that in mind. I'd like to keep it sealed since I don't really have a place to display it for
now. I hope 2-3 weeks in this enviroment won't leave any marks on it as the air conditioning won't be fixed until next friday.

Mine will be arriving in a few days. Can those who have theirs share some photos?

Thanks!

Hello fellow collectors.

Thanks in advance.

You’re probably fine. I highly doubt that the conditions are ideal when the figure is traveling from Hong Kong to Italy, or HK to Sideshow to Italy, whatever the path might be. That goes for any shipment destination really.

I think exposure to humidity over many months and years is more concerning than a week or 2 if you are having an A/C problem.

You’re probably fine. I highly doubt that the conditions are ideal when the figure is traveling from Hong Kong to Italy, or HK to Sideshow to Italy, whatever the path might be. That goes for any shipment destination really.

I think exposure to humidity over many months and years is more concerning than a week or 2 if you are having an A/C problem.

Fair point. Maybe I'm just worrying too much but I'm new to hot toys and I wouldn't want to screw up.

Thanks for your perspective and the boost of confidence.

Fair point. Maybe I'm just worrying too much but I'm new to hot toys and I wouldn't want to screw up.

Thanks for your perspective and the boost of confidence.

Yep, the voyage from China to USA takes just under 1 month and these figures are packed in shipping containers without any air conditioning or ventilation. I don't know if you've ever stepped inside a shipping container during the hot summer, but its basically like sitting inside a hot sauna after the doors are shut. If the figures can take this kind of abuse for 3-4 weeks, yours should be fine for the 2 weeks duration you indicated.

Back