1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i felt Hot Toys failed their own standards this time, big time, on their signature differentiator: the eyes. the whole sculpt is now far from Chad

Likeness is good enough but the paint app in the area where the hair starts, both top and bottom, is by far the most disappointing for me.

Okay...so did a quick comparison shot with the prototype and final product.

I still dunno what's quite off, but something was lost between the prototype and the final product. I still feel like the prototype is superior. The hair for sure lost detail/texture in the final product. I'm not sure if it's the lighting but there's something up with his eyes...not sure if they're spaced too close or not far enough, but something is off.

Anyways, I know the angles aren't exactly the same, but they're close enough. Take a look, form your opinion, and discuss!

View attachment 441435
View attachment 441436

I don't know - the lower left pic sure looks like CB to me. Being lit differently is definitely playing a part when comparing it to the prototype. I grabbed a couple of pics of him for comparison's sake. It's not a perfect likeness, but at 1/6 scale sitting on my shelf I'm confident it'll look pretty good.

BP-IW-2.jpgbp1.jpgblack-panther-chadwick-boseman.jpg

I saw on Justin's Insta story that he should be receiving his BP 2.0 soon, so we shall find out sooner or later!

I saw a pic on facebook with the unmasked head on the CW body. It looked terrible. Looks like I'm getting off this train.

Very obvious its the forehead up, the prodution his forehead is smaller.....

The production looks like it got shrunk .

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That’s exactly what I was thinking. The top part of his head is shorter which doesn’t look right. Between that and the less detailed hair I think that’s what looks so off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looking too small on the CW figure doesn't surprise me at all - it wasn't made for that suit. The neck on the new suit is narrower. The sculpt itself doesn't look bad, but it's not the best photo from a quality standpoint.

So glad this is out now, can’t wait for it to be released here. Also glad I picked up the King of Wakanda set, both will look great together when all is said and done. Especially with the throne, not sure I will pick that up or not though.

This honestly looks like a KO of the proto sculpt.

Worst HT sculpt I’ve seen in awhile.

Yea the youtube review above shows that the head sculpt is indeed off, but its still an amazing figure with the mask on. Definite purchase.

Cancelled my preorder based on this video. Thanks for posting this. My only reason to get this figure was the unmasked headsculpt since I prefer the Civil War suit which I already have. With the blown likeness, I have no reason to get this figure anymore.

Yes! So hyped to get this one after seeing that video. Headsculpt looks alright but I don't care about that, the suit looks absolutely amazing, especially with the UV effect that you can actually leave on with a power supply.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I quite like suit and the UV/Neon effect is nice...but the head sculpt is a major letdown.

Another NRD down the toilet, then (the bloody state of my cancelled list at Sideshow, lol)...but on the plus side that has added an extra £270(ish) to my HT budget.

Back