1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I will buy outta SCC until I purge my points - or only bite when I have a coupon to counter the shipping. Once I've gotten to the point I have enough for a free fig, that'll be the end of it and I'll migrate to BBTS fully, finally. The double boxing for $4 is just too good.

I'm thinking I will buy outta SCC until I purge my points - or only bite when I have a coupon to counter the shipping. Once I've gotten to the point I have enough for a free fig, that'll be the end of it and I'll migrate to BBTS fully, finally. The double boxing for $4 is just too good.

Im doing the exact same thing.

Mine shipped from Sideshow. I haven't gotten an email notification but it shows the tracking info when I logged on.

Im doing the exact same thing.

I think the thing that broke me was that my Star Lord Deluxe box got a ding in it. Nothing massive and it's hard to see unless you're looking, but the principal of it...
it's SUCH a nice box that it actually made me display art boxes on top of my cabinets so I had an excuse to keep it out. That wouldn't have happened with BBTS.

BBTS sent me a HT Captain America figure (the 1st one). It had no HT shipper box and the single figure box was inside a box that would have fit four. so of course it bounced around inside that box and was pretty banged up when i opened it. It was also $27 shipping. So BBTS is not perfect, none of them are.

BBTS sent me a HT Captain America figure (the 1st one). It had no HT shipper box and the single figure box was inside a box that would have fit four. so of course it bounced around inside that box and was pretty banged up when i opened it. It was also $27 shipping. So BBTS is not perfect, none of them are.

That surprises me - I've only ever received case fresh stuff from them that is so well wrapped that the nothing moves in the box. I suppose they've stepped up their game since then - because that's quite a while back. So while none are perfect, BBTS successfully has lowered prices, improved shipping quality, and SS has...raised prices? I remember paying $10 flat rate for a bunch of stuff - I wonder what's pushed them away from offering that (other than $$$), even if it's a slower option. They've gotten a bit faster, that much I've found.

just got a present from loontentoys....

IMG_0192.jpg

just got a present from loontentoys....

IMG_0192.jpg
Waaaah~ congrats!! :clap Mine is now on the airplane as well and will hopefully evade customs like the sneaky little fella he is ... :pray: He can't be here fast enough.

Oh if I may ask, did loontentoys ship it just in the shipper or did he have an additional shipping box or no shipper at all?

Got mine from Sideshow today. Looks nice, but I'm glad I only paid $80 for this since the outfit is so simple. I like that the heads swap so easily considering I usually have to pull pretty hard to swap heads. The base is fantastic as well. They should include this kind with ALL their figures, as long as they adjust the waist grabber for smaller ones like say Rey or Leia.

Spidey was delivered this afternoon from Sideshow! Honestly I love the figure I know its a really simple sweat suit but the articulation, the AMAZING ;) face sculpt and the accessories make this probably my favorite Spidey figure I own! I also just posted my video review if you want a little bit closer look at the figure!

Got mine from Sideshow today. Looks nice, but I'm glad I only paid $80 for this since the outfit is so simple. I like that the heads swap so easily considering I usually have to pull pretty hard to swap heads. The base is fantastic as well. They should include this kind with ALL their figures, as long as they adjust the waist grabber for smaller ones like say Rey or Leia.

Nice! :clap. Gotta love them reward points.

Waaaah~ congrats!! :clap Mine is now on the airplane as well and will hopefully evade customs like the sneaky little fella he is ... :pray: He can't be here fast enough.

Oh if I may ask, did loontentoys ship it just in the shipper or did he have an additional shipping box or no shipper at all?
Bought from loontentoys for Baby Groot and came exactly like that.
No original HT brown shipper but packed in a generic brown box that had to be ripped opened because it was glued shut.

it was just a normal box, not a brown shipper. bt for those prices i can't complain at that

I think the thing that broke me was that my Star Lord Deluxe box got a ding in it. Nothing massive and it's hard to see unless you're looking, but the principal of it...
it's SUCH a nice box that it actually made me display art boxes on top of my cabinets so I had an excuse to keep it out. That wouldn't have happened with BBTS.

Not sure if you want to sink any more money into it, but you can purchase a replacement box for $4.99 from Monkey Depot. It says it also includes the brown shipper. Not sure how much the shipping would be though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back